Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 28, 2009, 5:38 PM   #1

Default Jpeg show with scrolling banner, anyone knows?

Hello I would like to burn a cd with a jpeg slide show (so I can show it on a dvd player and a tv) and have three questions:

1. how do I make the slides be in the right order ( 1,2 ,3 instead of 1, 10, 100)
2. is there a way to have a scrolling banner that is running at the same time as the slides are transitioning?
3. how do I control the timing of the slide show (I would like a 10 second time since there will be a lot to read on them)

If anyone could help me with this I would appreciate it
franquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2009, 1:01 AM   #2

[QUOTE=franquis;972583]Hello I would like to burn a cd with a jpeg slide show (so I can show it on a dvd player and a tv) and have three questions:

1. how do I make the slides be in the right order ( 1,2 ,3 instead of 1, 10, 100)?

You will have to rename them. If they all begin with numbers, you can simply add leading zeroes. (001,002,003 ... 010, ...099) This can be done with most editing software in batch mode. One that is free, and relatively easy to use, is Irfanview.

2. is there a way to have a scrolling banner that is running at the same time as the slides are transitioning?

Not sure about this. I believe Irfanview can do titles, so it may be possible to insert these in between pictures for the effect you are looking for.

3. how do I control the timing of the slide show (I would like a 10 second time since there will be a lot to read on them)

This is a pretty standard menu item, set up when you create the slide show.

Most DVD players will show jpeg files in a slideshow format, without any need to create the slideshow separately, but not all allow for adjusting the timing. To achieve what you are asking for may require conversion to the DVD format and burning a DVD instead of a CD. I have used this method to create slideshows for DVD with a music track added.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 4:07 AM   #3

It sounds like you want to make a movie out of your still images. Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker and Apple's iMovie can do what you want, and you probably already have one or the other.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote