Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 7, 2003, 9:02 AM   #1

Default CD player and compact flash reader

I'm technically challenged but I wonder if makers of a CD player for tv viewing and memory card reader for tv viewing can "marry" the two into one machine? If not for tv viewing then how about for those portable card viewers that accept all type
memory cards. Only thing they don't accept is a CD(R-RW etc) so is that because it cannot be done technically?
Seems it would make sense to be able to view both from the same machine. Is that correct or is it not worth it?
unclejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2003, 1:33 PM   #2

Check out this message:

http://www.stevesforums.com/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=16355

It's what you describe, although its main purpose is to burn pictures from memory cards to CDRs.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 2:03 PM   #3

Mike,

Thanks very much for your reply. That Apacer hit it on the head as you said about my inquiry. I'll keep researching and watch for price info and other mfg's. There must be others in the works. Seems they like to make a product for trial and then keep adding with more features so they can make more profit as they have a built in customer base that way!
Now we'll need one that allows you to burn the pictures to the disk, show on tv from card or disk and print your pictures from either! How's that? No reply needed. Thanks again.
unclejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 2:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclejim
Now we'll need one that allows you to burn the pictures to the disk, show on tv from card or disk and print your pictures from either! How's that?
That's called a laptop computer with a portable printer!

As for the CD type device coming from other manufacturers, I doubt it...the link I posted is to the latest version from this company. Most others make devices with hard drives in them...who wants to carry such a device, plus memory cards, plus CDRs...they'd rather have the hard drive built in.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote