Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 7, 2003, 9:15 AM   #1

Default Which camera should i choose ?

Hy !!!!

I'm planing to buy a digital camera, and I don't know which one I should choose.
I hesitate between the Minolta Dimage A1 and the Canon EOS30D Digital Rebel.
Which one is best at long term ?

I plan to use the camera for vacation's photos and photographying model kits.
I'm getting lost in all those cameras ! Help !!!!!! ops: :shock:

Thank you very much for your help.
Tom
kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2003, 9:22 AM   #2

kabuto

What type of camera do you have now? I prefer the point and shoot over the dslr. Either camera will be good but you must decide what style of photography you want to do.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2003, 3:19 AM   #3

Hy.
Thank you 4 your help.
which style of photography ?? I have no idea. I'm a beginner with little experience in digital photography.

Tom
Old Nov 11, 2003, 8:09 AM   #4

Tom

I love digital photography. I love editing my pics and learning about the camera. I own the Nikon 5700 and it does a wonderful job for me. I would say that the camera is at the top of the point and shoot line. It has many features that allow me to control many elements of my photography events. It also will cost you about $700 over the internet.

My son has the Fuji S5000 which is a very good 3.2 mp point and shoot camera. It has many features that he can control over the camera. It will cost about $350 over the internet.

I have owned many Olympus cameras over the years and they also make very good point and shoot cameras. There are many very good cameras that wil provide you with excellent photos the questions is how much money do you want to spend.

The Dslr cameras are wonderful and expensive. I would say be prepared to spend over $1200 for a good Dslr outfit. You will have all the control you want over shooting techniques. I consider the Dslr the pro digital camera.

Phil
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2003, 6:54 AM   #5

Thank you !

I think i'll choose the Minlota Dimage A1. Dslr are excellent, but I'm only an amateur and the 28-200mm covers many views.
Cameras like the Digital Rebel are excellent, but the lenses for a powerful zoom are very expensive. It can be good if i had the utility, but for holidays and model kits photos the A1 looks right.

Thank you again.
Thomas.

(sorry for my bad english)