Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:31 PM   #11

Wish there was a viable way to tone those flowers without risking further damage to the picture.

Also, would cropping more off the bottom of the photo be a possibility? About knee point (just below) so we can see the length of the dress but do not know the feet had been partial cut off in the original. At the same time, that might not be a viable crop because of shrinking the picture size which serves to only emphasize the defects.

The audience memeber in blue is distracting. Not your fault. Adding a bit of shadow to her top might de-emphasize the background.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:34 PM   #12

Here is my try....did not crop
Attached Images

kitkrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:56 PM   #13

here is one cropped....I do alot of editing, and this pic might be salvagable....like to see some from the ceremony to see how they are...
Attached Images

kitkrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 7:29 PM   #14

Conor, here's my 2 cents worth. As was said, this is a sad pic, any correction in one area will cause another to fail, so here's my quick edit, no crop.
Attached Images

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 9:21 AM   #15
conor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieDgpt View Post
Wish there was a viable way to tone those flowers without risking further damage to the picture.
I tried grabbing only the flowers and making changes to them alone, i had no luck... there just isnt enough detail left

Quote:
Also, would cropping more off the bottom of the photo be a possibility? About knee point (just below) so we can see the length of the dress but do not know the feet had been partial cut off in the original. At the same time, that might not be a viable crop because of shrinking the picture size which serves to only emphasize the defects.
i think it would be a more viable option to try to draw the feet back in, i tried the knee length crop and the frame just ends up feeling awkward. taking just the faces and shoulders is equally bad (there isnt enough detail to crop that small of an image out of it)

Quote:
The audience memeber in blue is distracting. Not your fault. Adding a bit of shadow to her top might de-emphasize the background.
my thoughts exactly, in my edit, i cloned it all out. i didn't do a great job, but it was no worse than the rest of the original...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkrusher View Post
here is one cropped....I do alot of editing, and this pic might be salvagable....like to see some from the ceremony to see how they are...
that's definitely an improvement as well, as is the edit from kitcrusher, though i'd still be embarrassed if i were the photographer handing these images back.
I'll talk to my co-worker and see if she can set me up with a few more key images, check back in a day or two, maybe she'll have remembered to bring them in for me.

Last edited by conor; Aug 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:10 AM   #16

my version
Attached Images

Old Aug 13, 2009, 7:57 PM   #17

WOW...

And of all occasions a wedding...
I toyed with the brightness and contrast a bit and, was able to clean the groom up a bit however, the bride started to look more like a wax figure...
The flash is a killer..
James G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 8:07 PM   #18

I'll toy with this for a couple of days
Attached Images

Old Aug 15, 2009, 12:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by James G View Post
WOW...

And of all occasions a wedding...
I toyed with the brightness and contrast a bit and, was able to clean the groom up a bit however, the bride started to look more like a wax figure...
The flash is a killer..
I had that same kind of problem. One change for an improvement resulted in something bad elsewhere. Glad to see others experience the same frustration.
StevieDgpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:30 PM   #20

Its very saddening ....
Not many option here.
A) try cropping and adjusting the photos at hand.
B) Reshooting.
C) Reshoot the aisle the bride and groom walked down, remove the
parties walking that aisle from the bad shots and place them in the new...