Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:09 PM   #1

Default Can't see text as I wriite or post

[I don't know what I have here since I can't see a thing. Some one teell me how to set things so I can see the text. I have set tthe text color for default. It is simply not working on my machine - a mac with Camino.color=#FFFFFF][/color]
Dave Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2003, 9:14 PM   #2

Someone help me to correct the settings here so I can see my text. I can see it when I hit the preview button and when I submit the post, but I can't see a thing as I write.
Old Nov 11, 2003, 10:00 AM   #3
Administrator

Dave:

I don't own a MAC, but something must be setup wrong.

When typing a message, my font color is not showing in the "Font Colour" Window above the text entry box. It's simply blank, but text is "white on black" in the entry screen. A color combination that should work with any machine I would think.

I've never tried changing it to defaults (it's always been blank). When I do change it, it doesn't appear to impact the color of the text (as being typed) anyway. It appears to be simply embedding a color command (to change the color of the displayed text later, after you post).

It sounds like you may have something setup incorrectly on your MAC. Is there a way to set the video mode (number of colors you see). Maybe this is the problem. I have my PC (non-MAC) setup for displaying 32-Bit "TrueColor" (most color combinations).

I've seen problems before, when someone's PC was setup to only display 16 or 256 different colors, versus the Millions of Colors you'd Normal get, in 16 bit or higher video modes.

Although, white on black (the colors I see when typing), should work on just about any setup I would think).

You may want to check your monitor settings too (contrast, brightness) to see if anything may be wrong there. If all else fails, try restarting your MAC (including a full power down).

You may also want to try the same thing with your monitor (full power off and on), if it's separate from your MAC.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2003, 11:57 PM   #4

Default text problems continue.

The text window is white on my machine. I type aadn see nothing there at all. Apparently yhour text aera is black and when ou wirte you see text entered as white. I can read my entry when I post it, but not while I am writing it. Honestly my mac is set toall the paramberrers you outline in your very helpful post. Looks llike maybe steve's board just insn't cmppaitble with my machine or parhaps others macs too. I'm using a dual 1gig mirror door Power mac with a cimnema display.
I'm sure there is a wealth of tyupos in this post. I always prooffread myposts and am embarrassed to send on along that I haven't even had a look at. kddfjquote="JimC"]Dave:
than
I don't own a MAC, but something must be setup wrong.

When typing a message, my font color is not showing in the "Font Colour" Window above the text entry box. It's simply blank, but text is "white on black" in the entry screen. A color combination that should work with any machine I would think.

I've never tried changing it to defaults (it's always been blank). When I do change it, it doesn't appear to impact the color of the text (as being typed) anyway. It appears to be simply embedding a color command (to change the color of the displayed text later, after you post).

It sounds like you may have something setup incorrectly on your MAC. Is there a way to set the video mode (number of colors you see). Maybe this is the problem. I have my PC (non-MAC) setup for displaying 32-Bit "TrueColor" (most color combinations).

I've seen problems before, when someone's PC was setup to only display 16 or 256 different colors, versus the Millions of Colors you'd Normal get, in 16 bit or higher video modes.

Although, white on black (the colors I see when typing), should work on just about any setup I would think).

You may want to check your monitor settings too (contrast, brightness) to see if anything may be wrong there. If all else fails, try restarting your MAC (including a full power down).

You may also want to try the same thing with your monitor (full power off and on), if it's separate from your MAC.[/quote]
Old Nov 12, 2003, 12:05 AM   #5

Default It is a browser problem, Jim

I use Camino in my mac. I decided to check it with Explorer and I now have a black window with white text. I can now see what I am writing and I can go back and make corrections. White on black is a little unfamiliar but will do. Thanks again for your help, Jim.
Old Nov 12, 2003, 8:07 AM   #6

The color of the text box is determined by the operating system settings (at least under Windows it is) UNLESS the web page specifies a different color, such as this one with white text on black.

I don't know your browser but it might be incompatible with the "style sheets" used by web pages to specify screen and page element attributes.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote