Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 31, 2009, 3:09 PM   #1

Default Dust-Aid clean kit

Has anyone tried the "Dust-Aid" dry, low-tack sensor cleaning kit? It sounds simple and costs less than the typical Nikon cleaning service. My rocket blower will not blast a couple spots off. Thanks,

Garry
GSFinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2009, 9:59 AM   #2

I tried this out. It successfully removed two visible dust spots, perhaps more hidden in the shadows. This is a dry, easy, safe way to clean, once you are beyond the “Rocket Blower” stage. To use:

Peel one of the covers off the lightly adhesive cleaning strip and press the cleaning pad against it, leave it there while you take the lens off and raise the mirror. Pick up the cleaning tool and press the freshly cleaned pad against the sensor cover without sideways movement. Aim for one corner (the pad dose not quite cover a complete C – size sensor cover). Lift it straight off. Do this to the other three quadrants. Don’t rub, don’t tip, don’t twist. Just press lightly and lift straight on, then off.

Put the cleaning tool back in its case, lower the mirror and put the lens back on. Shoot a few shots of a clear sky at F16 and look for those pesky spots. Mine were gone.

Garry
GSFinlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2009, 9:52 PM   #3

hi thanks for the post, very helpful to all.
free tattoo removal cream before and after lazer prices this is the blog for tattoo removal cream prices and cost. the best cream to pruchase free tattoo removal cream before and after lazer prices
hanneloregula is offline   Reply With Quote