Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:04 PM   #401

Is there a record for the longest thread?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:35 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDrew View Post
Is there a record for the longest thread?
Well, there's What point and shoot should I buy? , currently at 508.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:40 PM   #403

... but this would certainly hold the record for the thread with the most hot air.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:22 PM   #404

Crotch shot, legs spread... A pedophiles dream come true!

I suggest we ban and criminalise the taking of these kinds of shots. Every pedophile in the US would download it...

And who knows how many will become pedophiles because they saw it?

Dave
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:11 PM   #405

Case in point.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:19 PM   #406

Ok so where does all his thought come from now days any ways? I am sure we can blame that on the pedos as well cause they started it all...
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:45 PM   #407

FWIW, I use to get haggled by people all the time when taking the old brick school building shots several years ago for our samples pages. From people pulling up and asking me what I was doing, to people screaming at me and calling me a pervert. I even got "watched" by local law enforcement.

This seemed to me like a lot of attention for just shooting the BACK of a school building where No children were Ever really seen. To cover our rears, we would usually call the school and let them know that we would be shooting pictures at such and such time, which they had no problem with.

I totally understand the concern though. When ever children are involved, you should always be courteous and Ask if you can shoot a photo of someone's child; even though you are legally permitted to when in public (at least in the US).

I carry This in my camera bag when in public, just in case I'm approached.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 6:02 AM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy View Post
FWIW, I use to get haggled by people all the time when taking the old brick school building shots several years ago for our samples pages. From people pulling up and asking me what I was doing, to people screaming at me and calling me a pervert. I even got "watched" by local law enforcement.

This seemed to me like a lot of attention for just shooting the BACK of a school building where No children were Ever really seen. To cover our rears, we would usually call the school and let them know that we would be shooting pictures at such and such time, which they had no problem with.

I totally understand the concern though. When ever children are involved, you should always be courteous and Ask if you can shoot a photo of someone's child; even though you are legally permitted to when in public (at least in the US).

I carry This in my camera bag when in public, just in case I'm approached.
T.Cav seems to have no problem with the FACT that your scenario is a NEW scenario. He seems to have no problem with a trend, in which images such as I posted with be considerered defacto proof of pedophile intentions. Since I took about fifty shots of this little girl, why else would I have taken those pictures?

And here on this thread the police actually investigated a head shot of a fully clothed child because of an accusation of pedophilia.

This SHOULD be a skit for Saaturday Night Live!

Dave
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:25 AM   #409
Administrator

I think we've pretty much beaten this issue to death (in this thread, and in previous threads discussing photographers' rights), without any significant compromise on the stated positions of members. IOW, we're just rehashing the same positions over and over again.

So, this thread is now closed.

JimC

Closed Thread