Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 16, 2009, 9:18 PM   #1

Default Referal please

I have decided to get my old Canon AE-1 Program back out and working again and I would like to know of other forums like this one where I can go to gain some other pointers of load aim shoot I know I am good and would love to hear from any one out there that would not mind giving feed back..

Why am I getting the ol 356 back out cause I would love to capture as I do with my Sanyo VPCS1275 and my Nikon Cool Pix.. which most of the photos have been taken of that I have placed on line but a few that are hard to adjust.

So any one with any information on a place to hook up with hit me with it.
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2009, 7:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
I have decided to get my old Canon AE-1 Program back out and working again and I would like to know of other forums like this one where I can go to gain some other pointers of load aim shoot I know I am good and would love to hear from any one out there that would not mind giving feed back..

Why am I getting the ol 356 back out cause I would love to capture as I do with my Sanyo VPCS1275 and my Nikon Cool Pix.. which most of the photos have been taken of that I have placed on line but a few that are hard to adjust.

So any one with any information on a place to hook up with hit me with it.
There's no difference between shooting digital or film. Photography doesn't care which is the medium you choose, except that film still has a small advantage over digital in terms of dynamic range.

All you need do is post on the Scanners forum, to learn which scanner will do your film justice in order to convert to digital.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:00 PM   #3

Thanks Dave I already know that about the scanners it just that I believe just like the guys that run them old Classic Cars that every one sees that hey we can let them Die out pow can we? I am sure the Old Classic Cameras have really put a damper on the Camera shops and developers as it is and though I am not pull big bucks, at least I can do is take some with Digs and some with Classic Cam. I went by where I wanted to go to take my camera in and found out they were closed but there is another near by that seems to be putting up some kind of Studio for in house teachings that I put my own name on the list and well as for the Lens Cleaning $50 is a lot I know I can clean them I did when I was younger and then as well $50 for shipping my camera off to Ill ha all I need is a battery and a top crank not a complete over haul of my Classic Camera... so I go back on a week day to talk with the man that owns the place they had some youngster there that was taking my bottm off to look for the batt department and I had to stop her cause I knew there was no batt department on the bottom....she did not know that.... I should of let her bean silly rear go ahead and laugh my own off when she had a blank look on her face she did not even know what kind of battery as well...Poor kids now days will not know any thing of the Classic Cameras as long as they back all the diggy stuff..... Again Chato Thanks but I think you really dont understand me....there
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:57 PM   #4

Photo.net is, or used to be a short while ago, pretty caught up in film cameras. The product specific groups are quite full of those who haven't yet heard of digital cameras. Lots of advice and critique available.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 12:11 AM   #5

Brian is correct. I shot with a canon AE-1 and found a forum on canon FD mount cameras useful. It is http://photo.net/canon-fd-camera-forum/. Hope this is what you meant..

Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 4:52 PM   #6

Found that last night actually found a lot since I was up till 3 am looking... and posting and cropping and setting ... I was tired and theen woke with a stiff neck sore...
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
Found that last night actually found a lot since I was up till 3 am looking... and posting and cropping and setting ... I was tired and then woke with a stiff neck sore...
Thanks Robert I find that information to be true as well I have found a few places to go visit soon emmm people that remember me when I was younger like very little to boot back when mom was a Boy Scout Den Mother and the Drum got passed around... I will go see what they are all up to come Nov meetings and hope to reconnect with some old aquints... do you still fly? those things? I bet them shots were all great oh the thought of getting up there in the air...again thanks Missy