Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 19, 2003, 4:01 PM   #11

You're right. It didn't work. It was just that I saw a cookie from October and thought it was worth a shot.

In the meantime, it would really be nice if they told us what was going on or even that they don't know what's going on but they're working on it.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2003, 5:25 PM   #12

Ok, now the funny thing is that I got a notification (on my new account) for a thread I looked at, but never marked as "watch." Something very odd is going on!

I have alerted Steve to this issue.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2003, 7:14 AM   #13

Just wondering, are BCoultry and I the only ones with this problem? Or is it that no one else cares?
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:22 AM   #14

The email that I check most often is work, and I don't want notifications to go there.

I do seem to recall getting notifications when I originally signed up but quickly disabled it. They are useful, but I usually just scan all the new messages in the 10 or so areas that I read. Not perfect, but it works.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:39 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrmseKpr
Just wondering, are BCoultry and I the only ones with this problem? Or is it that no one else cares?
How about, "few people use that feature." I personally check in a few times a day and I always go into the same forums, so I don't bother using the feature. I only used it once in a forum I don't normally go into when I had a question posted there...and I did get a notification from there since the first message thread on this subject was posted, so for me it's fixed.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_PEAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrmseKpr
How about, "few people use that feature." I personally check in a few times a day and I always go into the same forums, so I don't bother using the feature. I only used it once in a forum I don't normally go into when I had a question posted there...and I did get a notification from there since the first message thread on this subject was posted, so for me it's fixed.
Okay. I (and apparantly BCoultry) like to be able to find the topics I am participating in easily and the notification helps. Example, I did not receive notification that you replied to this post.
Old Nov 20, 2003, 3:07 PM   #17

Ah, but you see--those who don't like notification--you have no problem, but what if it were turned on and you had no way of turning it off? This is really no different from what PrmseKpr and I are experiencing in reverse.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 7:46 AM   #18

Anyone besides me suddenly receiving notifications again? I'm so glad to have them back!
Old Nov 22, 2003, 10:42 AM   #19

Hey! I just got notified! It has been so long since I got one I was a little floored when I saw it in my e-mail.

So far this is the only notification. So, I'll have to see if I get any with my other watched posts.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 11:16 PM   #20

Just as a test, here is another post which should trigger notification.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote