Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 16, 2009, 11:16 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnas View Post
40 years from now, we won't have cameras.... the image will be captured directly from the neuron activity of the optical cortex of your brain !!!!!
Oh, and because of this, Adobe who own Photoshop, will change from a software company to a pharmaceutical company, selling prescription drugs so you can alter the image before saving it.
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnas View Post
Oh, and because of this, Adobe who own Photoshop, will change from a software company to a pharmaceutical company, selling prescription drugs so you can alter the image before saving it.
And there will be a thriving market for shareware Over-The-Counter generic Photoshop knock-offs.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:44 AM   #23

Speaking only for myself, I notice a certain conservative aspect to the way I do and Want to do things. I had (and still use) a great image processing program called Das Repro. Created circa 1992, and never caught on in the US. So, when I had to go to PS because of the lack of updates for Repro, I expected Photoshop to approach image processing in the same way - It doesn't. Someone thought outside the box.

And thinking outside the box, creates ongoing surprises. And surprises beget surprises, and then again, someone else thinks outside the box, and the old box is looking kind of threadbare...

I can safely say that I predicted none of todays developments, except in the one sense, that I knew I would be surprised.

Sheesh! At my age, I want everything to remain the same or expand in a linear direction. Such is not, and will never be the case.

Saying all this, sometimes we DO lose valuble things with progress. Das Repro handles color better than Photoshop, which is why I still use it, if ONLY to check how my images will print, and correct them.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote