IMO, it's a reflection of something, but couldn't get of what... :shock:
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2003, 9:16 PM   #12
hst

Default Here are some others

Images removed
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2003, 9:35 PM   #13

I would do a meticulous cleaning of your lens. Can you clean the sensor on that model? Something is definately amiss. Lens flare is possible, but it doesn't look like that to me. If all else fails, take the camera along with sample photos to a camera repair shop and have them give some feedback.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2003, 9:47 PM   #14

Don't mind me... But the group of pictures showing the effect is really give me a creepy feeling. Very strange to see this.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2003, 10:30 PM   #15
hst

Default Dont get to creeped out

The kids were just having a good time playing in their Sunday School classroom. The others are at the past two homes I have owned. I have heard of spirits being photographed before but I really never researched it or looked for similar images. I don't really believe that is what this is. The strange part is these photos span several years of owning the camera and the images are not frequent. I didn't even notice them until the class photo. I started looking back at other photos and found a couple of others. I didn't see the images when I did the photographing. Although they appear to be floating and have three dimensions I also notice that none of them are behind anything so that lead me to think it must be something lense related and I was wondering if anyone else had similar images.

I didn't mean to freak anyone out. Nothing at all to be disturbed about in any of the photos.
hst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2003, 2:03 AM   #16

Aliens...definately.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2003, 7:46 AM   #17

Is this spot always in the same location in the photo? If so, I would guess it's something on the CCD or in the lens. If it moves around, then I don't have any ideas.
:P
bsdunek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2003, 8:58 AM   #18

Watched a program on spoof ghost hunting recently. what they were doing was getting people with digital cameras to walk around a "haunted" house and take pics of everything and if they saw a globe of light then that was a ghost supposedly.

Apparantly the globes are caused by the reflection of the flash off particles of dust. Apparantly it happens mainly on newer very compact cameras where the flash is very close to the lense and the lense opening is very small.

This prob explains why it doesnt happen in the same situations with your dimage 7i
Zordey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2003, 9:13 AM   #19

The second series of pictures rule out lens flare as far as I am concerned.

Also, if you look closely there is a definite structure in the spot which is very much alike in each of the pictures. This also suggests that it is not dust.

To me it looks like some sensor deficiency but I have never seen anything like it. Even more far fetched, if it appears on different areas in the images (which it seems but as the pictures you show are already cuts I may be wrong) can it be some error when reading the image from the ccd? This because of the similar spot structure, but a variance in intensity of the spot.
BigMac is offline   Reply With Quote