Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:57 AM   #1

Default How do I make a Photo cd with music

Want to burn a cd in my computer with my photos but would also like to incorporate music in it. I am running Windows XP and have a regular cd burner ( no dvd burner).
Can anyone recommend software that I can buy?

Thanks
FLHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:08 PM   #2

If you just want it for viewing on the computer you can use the freeware Irfanview to make a slideshow with music. Look in the help file. www.irfanview.com

If you want to view it on a DVD entertainment player you have to use special software to make a mpeg movie of the individual pictures.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:33 PM   #3

For a simple-to-use but commercial piece of software for this, there's FotoAngelo by ACD Systems. I bought it inexpensively (can't remember the exact price) and continue to enjoy its bug-free operation, its transition effects, and the fact that it builds an .exe file that you can give to all your friends and family. And yes, you can accompany your pictures with music or even outrageous sound effects.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:42 PM   #4

Try MemoriesOnTV (formerly known as PictureToTV)

http://www.picturetotv.com/index.htm?
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 1:06 PM   #5
Administrator

Many popular packages have trial versions that you can download and test, before purchasing them.

Many image editing packages also include this capability. Compupic Pro is one of them. It supports over 100 transitions, background music and sounds, with a feature that allows multiple images to be displayed at once).

The free trial can be downloaded from their web site:

http://www.photodex.com/products/pro/features.html

You can probably get trial versions for some of the other products recommended in this forum thread, too.

So, my motto would be to "try before you buy", finding a package that works best for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 11:33 PM   #6

Default Hands down the best...

http://www.wnsoft.com

That's the link and it's called "Pictures to EXE". It's around $25 or so, free updates and upgrades for life after you buy and register. User friendly and great support through them or their forum that is quite active. I have a show on my site that I did with this program if you'd like to see what it can do. You can then store pictures on a CD as exe files that can be played on any computer, or even create screen savers. Music can also be added and the pictures synchronized with the beat any way you want. Check them out.

~Cindy
DustyDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:36 AM   #7
NMH

Try FlipAlbum: http://www.flipalbum.com

The FlipAlbum software will compile all photos in one folder that is ready for you to burn into a CD. The photos can be viewed in album style and you can flip it (manually by mouse click or automatically) on screen. You can also change it to full screen slide show. You can add music (wav file or MP3).

If you have many different sessions/topics of slideshows, you can compile them individually and use Menu Builder (http://www.quickmenubuilder.com) to create a main menu in your CD.

The differences in FipAlbum with FotoAngelo(from ACDsee) is that, the individual photo files are still intact in the CD, whereas in FotoAngelo, the photos are all combined into one executable(.EXE) file.

For musics in the slideshows, I advise you to apply MP3 file instead of WAV file, in order to have more space in your CD for more photos and musics.
NMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2003, 12:42 AM   #8

Wndows XP has the free movie maker which is somewhat limited but allows you to make a slide show with music.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2003, 10:48 AM   #9
Administrator

Video CD versus CD for PC.

Many software packages (even the free irfanview) let you make slide shows from your photos.

However, the ability to create Video CD's is different.

Make sure you're looking for the package that does what you want in this respect (slide shows for PC only, or the ability to create a Video CD (for playback on your DVD player, for those players that support the VCD format).

For example:

The $39.95 Compupic package can create slide shows for playback on your PC (100 transitions with background music and sound). However, only the Pro version can create a true Video CD.

http://www.photodex.com/products/compupic_diff.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2003, 1:45 PM   #10

Quote:
The differences in FipAlbum with FotoAngelo(from ACDsee) is that, the individual photo files are still intact in the CD, whereas in FotoAngelo, the photos are all combined into one executable(.EXE) file.
A FotoAngelo show is burned to CD via CD Creator or whatever, so you can choose to add anything else you want on the CD along with the show. I did this recently with a genealogy slideshow, adding multiple folders filled with Word files and JPEG's of documents to distribute to my ungodly number of cousins, all of whom were able to view the show and print out old documents and family history.

I looked at FlipAlbum ages ago and rejected it because it had just that single transition: page flipping. Has the software been updated to include any choices?
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote