Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 28, 2010, 5:27 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Digital Backgrounds

Hi all,

As a lot of you know I've recently moved to Egypt and the style of portrait photography is quite different to back in the UK. Here they are really big on using digital backgrounds rather than the more natural way I shoot with paper or cloth. I know people are going to want this sort of option and was wondering if there was any place to get good digital backgrounds that I could use in PS etc.

Here are a few photos of our engagement that show some very simple backgrounds, for shots of seen of others they are much more elaborate. I've bought the full publishing copyright (easy and cheap to do in Egypt) so there are no issues.

All help much appreciated.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:58 AM   #2

Digital Anarchy makes a plugin for Photoshop called Backdrop Designer. I have it but never used it. Its probably not what you want but it might be worth checking out. When last you asked about how to close crop details of your wedding pics to enable you to drop in a background I mentioned some solutions. Never heard one way or the other if they were for you. Either you are ignoring me or you missed it. Either way just trying to help.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Hi Bynx, I think I must have missed replying to that thread as I know I read it and checked them out. I found some online tutorials for photoshop which have got me heading in the right direction as I'm trying to save cash.

I will check out Backdrop Designer.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:19 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Interesting product, can't believe they would use such a terrible photo on the first page though!!

I'm not in a position to splash $200 for something that might or might not get much use.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:40 AM   #5

I read Photoshop User, the only photography oriented magazine that I actually subscribe to (joined NAPP). They often have tutorials about doing backgrounds and textures and things like that (they once had an article about how to make a picture look like it was taken underwater). While I haven't been to NAPP's website recently, I've found their on-line tutorials very useful in the past.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote