Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 18, 2010, 6:59 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Sure the prices will go down, just not sure when

If you are going to keep the camera looked after and get covered in snow etc then you will be OK with most of them but it's nice to have the extra confidence (you saw the links I sent of the pro shooting in the snow).

I can understand your frustration and temptation and it is a tough decision as you get a lot of camera in the 550D if you don't need the better AF, build and shooting speed.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 5:45 PM   #12

U P D A T E : I have found that there are some real rogues and badboys out there on the internet, posing as "camera" dealers, even trying to prove their legitmacy with security features (Go-day), etc. etc. etc. There are real scammers who love to take your money and laugh on the way to the bank. I found out online that certain store, whom I will leave nameless, but you know who I mean... is a terrible scam. So, anyone buying online, be wise, be careful, don't let any unbelievable price to be so low as to cause you to loose your objectivity (and common sense) and feel desperate for a deal... Just wish there was some way to clean up these dudes.

Ned (still waiting for that tax return...)
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
U P D A T E : I have found that there are some real rogues and badboys out there on the internet, posing as "camera" dealers, even trying to prove their legitmacy with security features (Go-day), etc. etc. etc. There are real scammers who love to take your money and laugh on the way to the bank. I found out online that certain store, whom I will leave nameless, but you know who I mean... is a terrible scam. So, anyone buying online, be wise, be careful, don't let any unbelievable price to be so low as to cause you to loose your objectivity (and common sense) and feel desperate for a deal... Just wish there was some way to clean up these dudes.

Ned (still waiting for that tax return...)
Your store appears to be on the list...
http://exposedscammers.wordpress.com...ebshop-review/

Dave

Last edited by Chato; Mar 21, 2010 at 6:08 PM. Reason: typo (one of many)
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2010, 6:15 PM   #14

Too right, you are. Isn't there a special prison where they try to reform scammers, I think it is called Papillon. Thanks. Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote