Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:19 PM   #1

Default Are these camera prices too good to be true???

I was looking online for camera deals, I stumbled across the following offers. Hold on to your hats... I keep asking myself if this is too good to be true.

STORE: http://www.vkcameras.com/products.php?c=11

DEALS:
Pentax K-7 body Sale Price: €630.00 + lens: smc DA 17-70mm f/4 AL (IF) Sale Price: €322.00
Canon EOS 7D: Sale Price: €1128.00

I am trying to ascertain if this store is ligit? or what... the prices are too good to be true... Here in Finland, it is way too expensive... I am not the brightest crayon in the box in speaking Finnish, but I think the salesman said something like, "We want your first-born child as payment." (just kidding).

Anyway, any opinions of the above??? Suspense is killing me... when is that jok'n tax return going to come???
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eetu View Post
I was looking online for camera deals, I stumbled across the following offers. Hold on to your hats... I keep asking myself if this is too good to be true.

STORE: http://www.vkcameras.com/products.php?c=11

DEALS:
Pentax K-7 body Sale Price: €630.00 + lens: smc DA 17-70mm f/4 AL (IF) Sale Price: €322.00
Canon EOS 7D: Sale Price: €1128.00

I am trying to ascertain if this store is ligit? or what... the prices are too good to be true... Here in Finland, it is way too expensive... I am not the brightest crayon in the box in speaking Finnish, but I think the salesman said something like, "We want your first-born child as payment." (just kidding).

Anyway, any opinions of the above??? Suspense is killing me... when is that jok'n tax return going to come???
I don't think in terms of Euro's and pounds, and even if I did prices are quite different in Europe than the US.

Can't find these guys on Resellers.com.

And I tried to find out what they charge for memory cards, usually a good indicator of whether their legitimate - Well, they have 300 products - But all these products are either cameras or lenses - Nothing else!

I would be very reluctant to purchase anything from them...

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:43 PM   #3

Oh, I reluctant, too... but the prices... oh man, I just can't believe how low they are... Thanks for your feedback. Believe me, I am very cautious, though I wonder what would happen if I bought something cheap from them first... I don't know... but oh, the prices... SIGH!

Thanks Dave!

Ned
Old Mar 18, 2010, 4:50 PM   #4
Super Moderator

if they seem too good to be true, they are.

there are no free rides in this world.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:10 PM   #5

except for pbjunkiee

maryintexas39
Panasonic DMC-LX5/Panasonic Lumix ZS9/Panasonic Lumix ZS15

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryintexas39/
maryintexas39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
if they seem too good to be true, they are.
I know. Those are the words going through my mind, over and over.

Here is the price here in Finland, compare with the above. SIGH!!!
CANON EOS 7D + 18-135 IS KIT 1799,00 €

Thanks, Dustin.

Ned
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:43 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I agree with Dustin, I've worked in the corporate IT market for a long time and we've come up against many software, hardware, peripheral deals that look like this. It's true, if they look too good to be true they are. The margins on the bodies are so low that people just can't shift them for this price. Run and keep your money safe.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
I agree with Dustin, I've worked in the corporate IT market for a long time and we've come up against many software, hardware, peripheral deals that look like this. It's true, if they look too good to be true they are. The margins on the bodies are so low that people just can't shift them for this price. Run and keep your money safe.
Believe me, Mark, I am running alright... I am keeping my money really safe, but... oh... what prices... UGGGH

Mark, thanks for the info you gave me earlier of trustworthy dealers and all... That really was helpful, I did a lot of checking and there are some good deals around. The 7D is a little bit iffy though, just a little too much. I wonder if the 550D is good enough, though my mind keeps telling me to go with the weather sealing cameras... but the 550D sure looks good. Been wracking my brains since November as to which camera to buy... with new cameras coming out, like 7D and 550D...

Thanks again.
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:53 PM   #9
Super Moderator

You're welcome

For your situation I would hold out for the 7D as you are not in the most camera friendly environment......... however I'm sure it makes for some great photography.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 5:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
You're welcome

For your situation I would hold out for the 7D as you are not in the most camera friendly environment......... however I'm sure it makes for some great photography.
Thanks. I wonder if prices will go down... Sorry, just my desperation talking... All I have is Nokia N95.... (Don't my humour, just trying to laugh at situation...)

All the best.