I only ever display my photos on a TV 0 0%
I only ever print my photos direct from the camera 0 0%
I display my photos on PC and TV 3 10.00%
I display my photos on PC and print them 17 56.67%
I display my photos on TV and print them 1 3.33%
I display my photos on PC, TV and print them 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:05 AM   #11

I guess a poll can't use check boxes, only radio buttons.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:29 AM   #12
Administrator

Another thing to consider is how fast technology is advancing. I can remember reading about Bill Gates using large Digital Photo frames in his home when he built it to change between images of artwork (probably spending a *lot* of money to get that type of technology at the time).

Yet, anymore, digital photo frames are very common and relatively affordable (at least in smaller sizes). As progress is made in display technology and prices continue to drop, I suspect we'll start seeing a trend towards using them more instead of prints on paper in years to come.

I think we'll continue to see the same trend for other types of media, too. Instead of receiving your favorite magazine or newspaper in print, you'll get it electronically instead. Some magazines have already gone that route (digital only), and I suspect that trend will continue going forward. Ditto for books and other types of content (I think digital versions of them will become more popular to deliver that type of content as time passes and display technology improves).

The world is becoming more and more connected electronically, and there will probably be less and less need to print anything as time passes as display technology improves.

The lines between what's a TV (or home entertainment center) and what's a Computer will probably become more and more blurred as time passes, too. Ditto for the displays associated with them, with content being delivered from a variety of sources (via the internet, your cable provider, as well as physical media like Blu-Ray, DVDs, etc.). For example, anymore, I think very few people buy a computer display that's not in a wide screen format to play the latest HD content that way.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:53 AM   #13

I keep our photos on our PC. We do send some to WalMart for printing and distribute those, but mostly they are on the PC, or my digital frame at work.
waoldrifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:00 AM   #14
Super Moderator

LOL, well it seems what I said at the beginning was right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
As some of you know I don't like polls as it is possible to miss out options but I've tried to cover as many as possible to get some good data. I was going to assume that we all view them on PCs at some point but decided that this might not be the case (even though we are all using them to access Steve's).
I certainly missed a lot of options but for now I will leave it as it is and then possibly if people are interested I could do another poll with 'better' options.

I also do the iPhone thing, either with the photos on the phone or I go to somewhere like here when I've posted some photos. We sure do have a lot of options now for presenting and sharing our work which is a great thing. For me however there is still nothing like having a print to look at, be it in an album or nice and large on the wall.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:29 PM   #15

Where is the digital frame option?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:32 PM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Where is the digital frame option?
Yep, something else I didn't consider (as I don't have one - if people are wanting to send me one as wedding present please feel free.... something along the lines of 42" and plasma will do it )
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:36 PM   #17

That is small, 65 is what I currently have should have gotten the 72, lol

But there are some really high resolution digital frames in the 8x10 size range. They are very nice to display photos on.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:22 PM   #18

I make a DVD every year of my photos and video clips to send out with our Christmas cards. We also print to display, so my two primary outlets are TV and print.
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2010, 11:09 PM   #19

Prints, computer and just getting into slide shows for DVD players hooked up to TV's.
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2010, 1:00 PM   #20

I see most of the usual suspects have contributed so I'll vote and join in. I view photos on one of my PCs, print for display in my house and for less PC literate in the extended family, and to Cd's friends and family that can handle the format. My wife also has a small digital photo frame that has about 600 images loaded. Only issue with it is that it's 16:9 and I don't shoot that format. May start shooting duplicate shots in that format when the subject is suitable (still lifes, landscapes and flowers).

My son uses his camera and his Blackberry as his primary devices although he may add an Ipad to that group soon.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote