Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:36 AM   #31

I think I will change the subject to be more useful, and that seems to be the feed back I am getting. I was thinking a night shoot of a lite billboard, but not fully filling the frame about 1/2 only. Something people have problems with using point and shoots and 1600iso.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:37 AM   #32

That is an excellent comparison, Shoturtle-

The Pentax Kx manages to hold its own very well against the Canon T1 in these comparisons. Thanks very much for doing this series.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 11:40 AM   #33

You are welcome Sarah,

I am working on getting both to a more neutral setting for a the newer users out there that are not ready to jump into RAW shooting yet.

Now I just have to figure out the proper subject for that sets of shots.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:52 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Now I just have to figure out the proper subject for that sets of shots.
Actually, I think the first scene was perfect!

It lets you see that the Canon had more noise (for instance, on the underside of the bridge) but captured the stars in the night sky that the Pentax didn't.

Last edited by TCav; Apr 30, 2010 at 2:05 PM. Reason: sp
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:53 PM   #35
Banned

Default Make $3500+ PER month guaranteed! With surveys for money.....

I tried one of those online survey sites about 4 months ago that say all you have to do is spend a couple of minutes filling out some surveys and you will be making hundreds a day..... YEAH RIGHT, I didn't make anything. I joined 7 of these stupid websites and I actually tried filling out a couple of surveys on each site and they took forever then at the end they wanted me to buy things or I couldn't complete the survey. These are complete scams so be aware!!! I couldn't believe they were even allowed to sell such bogus products. Then about 2 weeks ago I was watching the news and they had some vice presidents and marketing managers of some major multi million dollar companies talking about a site that they personally work with to pay consumers for their opinion, A site that actually just wants the "average Joe's" honest opinion on products and services and is willing to pay big money to get them. >>>>>>> http://************************************* for more information
olsonraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 1:54 PM   #36

Well that is an easy one to shoot again, I just have to walk out side my home. Not to much problems with redoing that set. And with most point and shoot users that are looking to move forward, night shots are the biggest complaints. Decision decision?
Old Apr 30, 2010, 2:07 PM   #37
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonraymond View Post
I tried one of those online survey sites about 4 months ago that say all you have to do is spend a couple of minutes filling out some surveys and you will be making hundreds a day..... YEAH RIGHT, I didn't make anything. I joined 7 of these stupid websites and I actually tried filling out a couple of surveys on each site and they took forever then at the end they wanted me to buy things or I couldn't complete the survey. These are complete scams so be aware!!! I couldn't believe they were even allowed to sell such bogus products. Then about 2 weeks ago I was watching the news and they had some vice presidents and marketing managers of some major multi million dollar companies talking about a site that they personally work with to pay consumers for their opinion, A site that actually just wants the "average Joe's" honest opinion on products and services and is willing to pay big money to get them. >>>>>>> http://********************************** for more information
Wow. But, we don't like Spam here, and neither do many other sites, as I see you've already been reported for Spam by *several* other major sites and are now listed in databases designed to track Spammers.

You have been banned, all links to the site you are promoting are now being filtered by our forums software (regardless of the member making the posts), and you are being reported to Internet Service Providers for disrupting our forums with Spam.

You are not welcome here.

JimC
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Actually, I think the first scene was perfect!

It lets you see that the Canon had more noise (for instance, on the underside of the bridge) but captured the stars in the night sky that the Pentax didn't.
Stars? I see a lot of noise and hot pixels. Though it has been many years since I have been to NYC, I have trouble imagining being able to see stars in the night sky there.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTphotog View Post
Stars? I see a lot of noise and hot pixels.
If it were all noise and hot pixels, there would be just as many on the underside of the bridge, but there isn't.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:30 PM   #40

It was a clear night, with no haze. So we actually had star in NYC.