Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 6, 2003, 6:46 PM   #1

Default Camera with wide lens.......

Can someone tell me what camera has about a 28-210 lens? The ones that I am finding are all about 37-38 to whatever......

Bill
wharrisIU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:06 PM   #2
Administrator

Bill:

What are you looking for in a camera (besides the lens)?

Minolta has a new model known as the Minolta DiMAGE A1 with a 28-200mm equivalent zoom lens (with a stablized CCD to help reduce blur from camera movement at slower shutter speeds and longer focal lengths).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:19 PM   #3

Default Camera w/wide lens

Thanks for the reply Jim. I just ordered the OLY 750 on the basis of what a friend told me about the zoom lens. He has a OLY 5050 and likes it except for the zoom. He says that for him, a 28-200 would be ideal. I told him I found this forum and would post a question and see if I could get some tips.....Thanks again......

Bill
Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:28 PM   #4
Administrator

No problem. The older Minolta DiMAGE 7, 7i, and 7HI also had a 28-200mm equivalent zoom lens. The newer model Minolta DiMAGE A1 now includes a unique CCD Stabilization feature (that users are reporting very good results with, allowing them to shoot hand held shots at slower shutter speeds than would be possible without it.

The new Sony DSC-F818 will also have a 28-200mm Equivalent Lens. This camera problem won't ship until mid-January or so. However, it will be an 8 Megapixel Model, with a Carl Zeiss designed lens with the T* coating.

It's too early to say how the images will compare from it (since it's using a brand new CCD).

However, it will be more expensive than the Minolta DiMAGE A1.

The Minolta Dimage 7, 7i, 7hi, A1 are quite popular (thanks in part to their 28mm wide angle setting).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 7:43 PM   #5

Default Camera w/wide lens

Thanks again Jim, will pass this along.......can't wait for the 750 to arrive!!!!

Bill