Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 10, 2003, 9:27 PM   #11

Hi. I'm a newbie and I'm sure you guys are sick of the same questions all the time. This appears to be true of virtually all bb's. Please give us newbies a break, though. Everyone here is very helpful and as a result, I purchased a Canon A80 tonight. I do appreciate the people who take time to give me their 2 cents. Some of us do read the reviews and other posts BEFORE making a post of our own. Some of us even come back

Amy
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 8:06 AM   #12

amytude and austex - keep on asking questions: you might get an answer which might have something to do with your question and, perhaps, might be right. You could be grumped at if someone's digestion isn't working right that day, or if they are fed up with drive-by tossed-out questions that land like a cow pie on your doorstep. If you keep asking more refined versions in the same thread, or extend an existing thread, you will at least demonstrate that you not one of the drive-by bovines and increase the odds of finding out what you looking for.

Keep in mind that answers to the "which camera" question are only likely to come from folks who are currently shopping for a camera themselves - not many other folks are likely to be reading all the current reviews and checking prices. A good answer is more likely for higher end cameras than for low level since those are the ones knowledgeable are more likely to be looking at. A good answer is likely to be very finely nuanced explaining the trade-offs (long zoom vs compact size, manual controls vs fastest focus, ...)

Another kind of answer will be along the lines of "MINE, I have the best camera" - and that isn't all bad if the speaker shows signs of having done some research before buying.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 8:34 AM   #13

Amy

Good camera choice. The fun is about to begin and your imagination is your limits to the amount of fun you can have with your camera. One of my favorite photos is a picture of my two year old granddaughter setting on the throne with her feet on her little stool and looking at a magazine. I really thankful for the digital camera that can let me capture those moments in our lives.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 1:25 PM   #14

Thanks guys. Anyway, I've been reading up a little on the camera (yep, actually reading the manual) and will hopefully get to take some pics today (I have a 18 mos. old AND a 6 mos. old..both boys). I can't wait until the weekend, so maybe I'll get a chance to "play" more. I did break down and buy photoshop elements 2.0. I'm going to try to install it today, too. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!
amytude is offline   Reply With Quote