Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 10, 2003, 7:59 AM   #1

Default DotPhoto or CafePress

Has anyone used DotPhoto.com or CafePress.com (or a simalar service) to sell their prints to the public?

CafePress.com allows you to sell photo gifts (such as mousepads, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc...) but not individual prints. DotPhoto will do the photo gifts and also allow you to sell individual prints.

I would be interested in hearing comments and opinions.

Thank you.
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2003, 6:50 AM   #2

I've also been looking into sites like those. Another one I'm considering is orderpicture.com They do prints as well as other products.

I hadn't seen CafePress, I'll take a look.
pbnoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 10:18 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnoj
I've also been looking into sites like those. Another one I'm considering is orderpicture.com
I looked at orderprints.com and as soon as I saw the site design I decided against it. But, to be fair, I did poke around a little more just to see how they worked and what they had to offer. It looks like DotPhoto.com is setup better (plus DotPhoto is more recognized). Printroom.com has a really nice setup and I like the fact that they'll do DVD's and other neato extras, but they are $99/yr. Right now I have to go with the free sites because I am suffering from 'myfundsarelowitis' but when I am able to do so, I think I will move to Printroom.com or maybe just get the CafePress Premium account.

You said that "I've also been looking into sites like those." Have you found anything else worth checking into?
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 1:10 PM   #4

http://www.pixtool.com/index.php?act...ycat&catid=262

try this link. Gives quite a few to look at. Been slowly going down the list. I'm still undecided if go this route or my own web page and do all myself. I think they offer what most of those who have asked me to sell would like.

Anyone else have any ideas?
pbnoj is offline   Reply With Quote