Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:22 PM   #1

Default Canon SX120 IS question

Just got an SX120 for my wife and she is going to read the instructions during our trip tomorrow. Posting here rather than Canon thread as this appears more active, and don't know if I will have internet in mountain cabin.

As I set it up and took the first 'official' shot - interior flash - it seemed took what I consider an excessive amount of pressure on the shutter release, including holding it down waiting for it to take the picture. Perhaps I have gotten spoiled by the DSLR. I am not talking recycle lag time for second pic, but press shutter, hold down count to three...click/flash.

Is this normal?
While I have some recyleable batteries, they were packed so used the AA alkalines that came with the camera.

Any suggestions?
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:53 PM   #2

Played with it some more and can breath easier. Perhaps no negative reaction from wife when she starts using it. Incidently, the reason I chose it, she looked at the ones in the store and this was the physical size she wanted. Got her an ELPH several years ago and had to return it as "too small."

Appears delay is related to the flash, but not as bad as first. Available light - even slow shutter speed "tripod recomended" clicked in what I would consider a normal time and pressure. Flash photo did have some hesitancy requiring holding down the shutter, but wasn't bad.
tizeye is offline   Reply With Quote