Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:55 PM   #1

Default Need help with how to execute this

Hi !

I've always loved shooting in low light and with high ISO's, unfortunately I don't have any lenses myself that was able to perform under low light..
Now that I finally got some cash scraped up, I'm buying the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G and I'm very excited...

The idea I have is to take some promotional shots of my workplace, which is a restaurant (Im a chef, which is stealing a lot of time from my camera in the summer time) and also take some shots of food and my co-workers during work.

So I was just wondering if someone maybe got some tips and pointers for how I should execute this... maybe on what or how I should bring my subject forward.

Any help at all would be much appreciated..

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:05 PM   #2

It would be helpful if you posted some shots of your ideas so we could critique.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:00 PM   #3

Take a few shots, and post them in the Photo Critiques forum. Try to follow the suggestions you get when taking a few more shots, and post them as well. etc., etc., etc.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:19 PM   #4

I intend to do that, but I have just ordered the lens the other day, and will get it on Monday... and also working 6 days a week isnt really helping... I got one day off and that is supposed to also be spent there... If the lens does arrive on Monday, that is - haha. Otherwise I'd have to wait another week until shooting..

Flikkaarrrr
Acapulco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:59 PM   #5

Kitchens, in my experience, tend to be a bit cluttered for taking food photos. If you have, or can make enough room around the dish to keep from getting miscellaneous ladles, knives, etc. in the shot, you should. Also, match the white balance to the lighting to keep the colors true. Without flash, you may have some difficulty with motion blur of your coworkers, if you shoot them while working, even at pretty high ISO settings.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote