Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:07 AM   #1

Default Camera Kings

I am so mad at myself for ordering a camera from these crooks without doing some research first. I am little surprised that this site promotes their website. They are the lowest online price for a reason... and in my opinion not worth the grief to save $100.

They have a "F" rating from the NY BBB.
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bus...ny-68047/#cmpl

Supposedly they will not ship to alternate address unless you call your credit card company and add the address. This is complete BS and I have never been asked this before from an online retailer. They do this so you will need to call them and then get a hard sell to purchase accessories you do not need. The sales guys wanted to sell me a "2 hour" battery that is normal $100 but would give me a deal for 50% off. Really?... A new battery on ebay cost me $9.

By far the most rude sales and billing people I have ever spoken with in my life. I wanted to strangle them thru the phone. They put you on hold in the middle of a sentence, talk down to you, argue, etc.... I explained I sent two emails and guy asked me when and when I told him he said their email was down. I finally got a "Supervisor" on the phone and he was nicer than others I spoke with and he at least apologized and supposedly upgraded me to a better camera bag that was part of a free gift with a camera purchase.

I ordered the camera on Sunday and paid extra for next day air shipping as I needed a camera for an event this weekend. It has still yet to ship and I am considering canceling my order and putting stop payment on credit card. I am afraid I will get a open box or refurb and then have to deal with trying to return it to these crooks.

Watch out!
boltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:24 PM   #2

boltfan-

This a typical Brooklyn Schlock outfit. I wish you had asked us before ordering. My advice is to stop the credit card payment and cancel the order.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 3:43 PM   #3

They are part of Broadway Photo, a lousy outfit !* The have a 5.91 rating for the last 6 mos. & a 6.47 rating lifetime. Always be sure to check out a vendor at www.resellerrating.com

I think there should be a Sticky that says "BEFORE YOU BUY, CHECK OUT THIS SITE"
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 4:02 PM   #4

boltsfan,

We are very sorry to hear about this. We don't normally have control over the vendors listed in the price boxes, however we are putting in a request to remove Camera Kings from our NexTag feeds.

donp has an excellent point. We always recommenced you look into vendors at www.resellerrating.com. Remember, if a price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Good luck, and please let us know how everything turns out.

All the best,

-billy
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:37 PM   #5

Yea... I was in a hurry and like I said I usually always check seller ratings so that is why I was mad at myself.

I have canceled the order with CK and received email confirmation. I have also contacted my credit card company and put a stop payment (just in case).

I just purchased from Amazon and it only cost me a total of $45 more (compared to CK) including next day air shipping.

Thanks!
boltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan View Post
Yea... I was in a hurry and like I said I usually always check seller ratings so that is why I was mad at myself.

I have canceled the order with CK and received email confirmation. I have also contacted my credit card company and put a stop payment (just in case).
Good news! I hope everything works out for you quickly. I know how it can be to get money back from a bad merchant (mine was car part related though).

Quote:
I just purchased from Amazon and it only cost me a total of $45 more (compared to CK) including next day air shipping.

Thanks!
The Wife and I use Amazon for a great deal of online purchases. I love our Prime account. Prices usually great, and you can't beat next day shipping for $3.99 with prime
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 3:48 PM   #7

I would cancel and order form amazon, bh or adorama, and ask for express shipping, they are excellent retailers. I live in NYC, and know where camera king is, but I would not recommend anyone to even go there to pick up the camera. They are a bit shady imho. Sorry about your bad experience.

Quote:
I am so mad at myself for ordering a camera from these crooks without doing some research first. I am little surprised that this site promotes their website. They are the lowest online price for a reason... and in my opinion not worth the grief to save $100.

They have a "F" rating from the NY BBB.
http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/bus...ny-68047/#cmpl

Supposedly they will not ship to alternate address unless you call your credit card company and add the address. This is complete BS and I have never been asked this before from an online retailer. They do this so you will need to call them and then get a hard sell to purchase accessories you do not need. The sales guys wanted to sell me a "2 hour" battery that is normal $100 but would give me a deal for 50% off. Really?... A new battery on ebay cost me $9.

By far the most rude sales and billing people I have ever spoken with in my life. I wanted to strangle them thru the phone. They put you on hold in the middle of a sentence, talk down to you, argue, etc.... I explained I sent two emails and guy asked me when and when I told him he said their email was down. I finally got a "Supervisor" on the phone and he was nicer than others I spoke with and he at least apologized and supposedly upgraded me to a better camera bag that was part of a free gift with a camera purchase.

I ordered the camera on Sunday and paid extra for next day air shipping as I needed a camera for an event this weekend. It has still yet to ship and I am considering canceling my order and putting stop payment on credit card. I am afraid I will get a open box or refurb and then have to deal with trying to return it to these crooks.

Watch out!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:44 PM   #8

Quote:

Thanks!
Sometimes a little more money is worth peace of mind! I would be careful of batteries, and or memory cards off ebay also, I saw your post said you were looking at them.
Another great place for batteries, but especially memory cards is newegg.com

If you ever have questions, ask here. The people are great, honest people, have helped me out a lot.

Good Luck
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote