Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:27 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default A Photographer's Tale

Hi everyone,

You might have noticed a few months ago the thread I put together to highlight the great success story of one of our members and how they have improved over their time at Steve's very a beginner through to a working professional. For those who didn't you can see the inspirational story at http://forums.steves-digicams.com/la...y-kevin-m.html

As this encouraged many and helped us to see that with hard work, perseverance, practise and a handful of skill we can attain our targets in the photographic world I thought it would be good over the next months to highlight the photography of some other members here at Steve's.

It doesn't have to be someone who is working as a pro, but rather someone who is dedicated to the art, and has a story that can build us up to see new horizons and possibly add freshness and a new focus to what we are doing.

Please pm me your thoughts for people who would be good candidates for this. I'm only going to do one at a time and it would be good to be able to see the progression through their posts here at Steve's rather than someone who has stayed at the same level since arriving. If you can include the reason why you think the suggested member is a good option and hopefully add some links to threads that show the change that would be great. When I've had some suggestions in I will start working on the first person.

In your pm, please start it "A Photographer's Tale" so the messages will be easier to find.

Thanks all, I hope you will find this interesting and helpful.

Mark

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:01 PM   #2
Super Moderator

By the way, you are all welcome to reply to this thread (just don't name names), do you think it's a good idea, anything you would like to see, find out about in the Tales I put together etc?

I've had some suggestions so far but the more the merrier.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2010, 3:09 AM   #3

I think this is a great idea Mark. As a pretty new photographer myself I know that itīs really great to get encouraged, and to get good critique for ones photos. As well as itīs good to get constructive criticism. It makes one want to learn more.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 5:16 AM   #4

Good Idea Mark,
With all the respect,please check my slideshow
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabiopirovano/show/

Regards

Fabio
glaeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:49 PM   #5

Hi Mark, I've PM'd you my story. I'm sorry if it's trumpet blowing. Kind regards Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:48 AM   #6

This is a great idea Mark. I'm looking forward to this one (I still need to post in the "5 of the best" thread )
billy is offline   Reply With Quote