Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:35 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default My busiest week in photography

As some of you will know I'm meant to be getting ready to head back to the UK from Egypt, most of this week should involve packing. At the start of the week (yesterday) I thought I was only photographing a wedding on Saturday which was no issue. Sure it is in Cairo so we will get the day before and come back the day after but still there was plenty of time.

The simplicity started to change last night when I agreed to do a shoot for a family with a 2.5 year old (shot today - will add some photos when I get a second), this morning we had confirmation from a company that our bid for the shooting of their facility had been successful so that is going to happen on Wednesday (full day shoot on Wednesday), I had another call not long after that someone I spoke to last week wanted to go ahead with photographing their 1.5 year old girl so that will be tomorrow and I still have the wedding on Saturday...... man, I love photography but I will be worn out.

Not really going to complain as I have nothing booked in the UK for the rest of the year but that will hopefully all change.

Be sure that in the next week or so I will post photos (where allowed) from all shoots.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:40 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Well Mark,

Glad to hear you are busy, the high quality of your recent work has been attracting some clients i see

just hang in there buddy, one step and a time, the week will be over and you will have some great photographs out of it i am sure.

plus, every shot you take is another check in the portfolio to take back with you to the UK.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:35 PM   #3
Super Moderator

It's gone mental, seriously, I've turned down so much work with having to leave. This week has turned into one that pays enough it would make someone in the UK happy to work for let alone someone in Egypt. There is a part of me that thinks I could make the dream of full time photog come real if I decided to settle here rather than the UK. It's certainly something to be considered.

The commercial job could be a door opener, well, at least a help as I've only done 2 commercial jobs in the UK before and nothing nearly as large as this. Will be interesting that is for sure.

Still the wedding is the one I'm looking forward to most, there is something very special about them. The good news is that the reception is at a large Cairo golf hotel so trying to arrange some interesting shots on the course (man I want to play a round..... not played since the end of last year when my membership expired )

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:08 PM   #4
Super Moderator

yea, that is something to consider. at least you would be able to do what you love full time

but i think with enough persistence you could get to that point in the uk as well.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:14 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Thanks for the vote of confidence

Here is the link to a few shots from today. Kiki 2.5 years old

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:52 PM   #6

That sounds like one of those "good" kinds of problems; the "bad" kind are where you don't have enough work.

Good luck. If my passport were up to date, I'd volunteer to help.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:54 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Sure is TCav

Shame about the passport... next time

I've completed today's shoot and you can see the results here Tiko 18 months, I have a whole lot of editing to do.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:09 PM   #8

Great images Mark. I have always liked your work and have seen numbers of ways to improve my own shots by reviewing the things you post.

Egypt is a beautiful country. Were I in your position and had a live-able income the temptation would be great to stay. With the work you are producing the UK would also afford you opportunity. I wish you the best of luck in whichever you choose.

My passport is up to date. :-)

Steve

Have Sony, will travel
Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:25 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Boat Guy View Post
Great images Mark. I have always liked your work and have seen numbers of ways to improve my own shots by reviewing the things you post.

Egypt is a beautiful country. Were I in your position and had a live-able income the temptation would be great to stay. With the work you are producing the UK would also afford you opportunity. I wish you the best of luck in whichever you choose.

My passport is up to date. :-)

Steve

Have Sony, will travel
Hi Steve, thanks for the kind words and glad my photos have helped you. I'm getting better all the time, still not where I want to be but each shoot I get closer. In honesty I don't think I will ever reach the standard I want to be, as the better I get the more I realise I've so much to learn.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
... the better I get the more I realise I've so much to learn.
Like anything else: The more we know, the more we know we don't know.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote