Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 28, 2003, 5:36 PM   #1

Default Dead Pixels

Just looked (again) at my Christmas pictures that I shot with my new Minolta Dimage Z1, and I noticed a disturbing phenomenon. Apparently the camera has numerous dead pixels. Is this a common phenomenon?

These show up as totally black pixels, and are most noticeable in light colored areas, including people's faces! It seems to have a couple dozen of these, concentrated along two vertical lines -- one along the center line of the image, and another about 1/3 of the way over to the right.

So, the obvious question is, do I send the camera back over this? (I think so). And if so, do I ask for a repair, and exchange of the same model, or get my money back and get another camera?
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2003, 6:36 PM   #2

Hello,

Yes, dont waste any time and take it back. I could maybe see one pixel. But couple dozen? Expecially if it is new. This is why I buy my (Camera/Camera Bodies) local. Cause if I get a camera with problems, I can take it back and say its broken and get a replacement instead of getting it repaired and wait weeks to months before I get it back again.

Ive bought my last bunch of cameras from BestBuy and paid the extra $100.oo for 4 years. If ANYTHING is wrong with it, they just replace the camera with a new one. I like that deal...
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2003, 2:40 PM   #3

Default Dead Pixels

Thanks for the reply, Russell. Confirms what I thought. It's going back today. Unfortunately, I didn't buy local, but saved money (?) by ordering on the internet from one of the NYC discounters. We'll see how good their customer service is now. They have given me an RMA number to ship it back, so let's hope they don't hassle me about it.
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote