Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:11 PM   #11

I'm afraid we have to get much more used to this sort of thing, as Islam takes over many western countries and its true nature comes out.
peterbj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:54 PM   #12

Mark:

When I saw the news I immediately thought of you and your family. Glad they're OK and pray for comfort for those who are grieving.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:37 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Thanks for the support everyone.

There are fears of more attacks as the 7th Jan is when Christmas day is celebrated and I know that the church we went to has cancelled the planned celebration due to fears of more problems.

I just wish that people, no matter what race or religion, would allow others to live in peace rather than fear.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 6:08 AM   #14

So glad to hear that you & your family are OK, and will keep all those affected by this tragedy in my prayers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
I just wish that people, no matter what race or religion, would allow others to live in peace rather than fear.
Amen!!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:49 AM   #15

Agreed! But sadly that "live and let live" attitude isn't compatible with Islam, as it is nowadays at any rate. They're at the stage Christianity was a few hundred years ago, so perhaps they'll moderate their approach over the next few centuries. Till then we have to deal with them as best we can.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:44 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbj7 View Post
I'm afraid we have to get much more used to this sort of thing, as Islam takes over many western countries and its true nature comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbj7 View Post
Agreed! But sadly that "live and let live" attitude isn't compatible with Islam, as it is nowadays at any rate. They're at the stage Christianity was a few hundred years ago, so perhaps they'll moderate their approach over the next few centuries. Till then we have to deal with them as best we can.
I find your posts on this subject to be offensive. These people are hiding behind their religion as they perform heinous acts, much like the KKK is famous for. Their religion is not the inspiration for their deeds; their ignorance and intolerance is. My hope is that we all try to rise above them, and to educate them while we're at it.

Last edited by TCav; Jan 3, 2011 at 9:50 AM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
I find your posts on this subject to be offensive
That is not what I intended. I apologise. But my comments are based on some knowledge of the subject. It is universal in Islam to condemn non-believers and (especially) apostates to death, though not universal (so far) to enforce that. I know of no other major religion which is by design so intolerant.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:07 AM   #18
Super Moderator

I don't think making this a religious bash is helpful, Steve's is not the place to go down that route. I posted this as I wanted to share with my friends what was happening in the city I used to live/work and where my wife's family are.

Many are afraid and I'm personally happy to be back in the UK. It just takes a few stupid people who go crazy to cause hurt to so many. After this there can be problems with revenge and it could all spiral downhill. My hope is that this won't happen and that there are no further attacks so people can get on with living life.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:48 AM   #19

My prayers go out to the familys...
geofftay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:24 PM   #20

I apologise for causing any offence, but it is a subject I have very deep feelings on. I shall withdraw from this thread.