Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:04 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Not such a happy New Year......

........for some of my wife's family and our friends back in Egypt.

This attack took place at my wife's cousin's church last night just as the New Year started and wasn't all that far from where we used to live. I didn't shoot a wedding in this church but had had some interest from people who were having weddings there later in the year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12101748

We didn't know anyone personally (well as far as we know yet) who was killed in this attack but many of our friends and our family knew those who lost their lives last night, including a family who lost their young son.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2011, 7:58 AM   #2

Mark-

I am saddened by the news of the bomb set off in the Alexandria church. We, unfortunately, live in an increasingly violent society. It does not appear that 2011 will see a downturn in that trend.

My heart goes out to you, your family, and to your friends. They will indeed be in my prayers.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:13 AM   #3

Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of all who lost their lives.

Stan
Stan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:30 AM   #4

Very sad and especially at this time of year
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Thanks everyone. It just takes a few crazy people to cause so much hurt and the potential for other problems etc.

There are more concerns as in the middle east they celebrate Christmas on the 7th Jan and this has been another time that there have historically been attacks. Obviously we hope that this isn't the case this year.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:14 PM   #6

...We read it in the headlines nearly everyday... another bomb attack... and never give it a thought. Your post, Sir, makes it very personal and sad. I am so sorry for the people affected by tragedies such as this inflicted on innocent victims, usually by very ignorant people in the name of God, Allah, Muhammed, whoever. I refuse to believe that any Supreme Being condones murderous attacks such as this. It simply defies logic and all the teachings of every religious document ever written by a sane person.
My heart goes out to you, your family, and friends affected by yet another tragedy such as this. Only when people learn that violence only brings more violence will it ever stop, if it indeed ever can be stopped. People have been killing others in the name of their gods for thousands of years. When will it ever stop???
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:40 PM   #7

It is depressing that in the celebration of an accepted religious belief and a time one should rejoice in life, that opposing beliefs would use this as a time to express their hate for that particular belief through violence. I do not think it will ever end, until humanity is completly annihilated and there is no more religious differences. What is most stunning about this action is that there is no remorse but a feeling of elation and zeal in doing it by the perpetraitors. It would seem that killing a human has always been justifiable in some form or another. If you just claim that you are doing it for your God, ( in what ever form you choose to interpret God to be), and have the arms to make other people believe you are right through intimidation, you yourself are God........ Mans' will, blamed on a God, who obviously is not there to defend his (or her), point of view. FINI

My sorrow goes out to not only those who lost their lives but to those who took the lives and claim to do it in the name of their God.......It is, with out a doubt, the dregs of humanity at the lowest level of existance...............
Old Jan 2, 2011, 5:24 AM   #8

Im very sorry to hear Mark! The world is an evil place. We have just had our first terrorist attack here in Sweden, and I think thats just the beginning.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 4:53 PM   #9

Thankfully they are in a better place now...
My prayers will go to the families.

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. ~Edward Steichen
mrpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 7:26 PM   #10

I can't imagine the depravity of an individual or individuals that would choose a house of worship filled with worshipers as a target for a terrorist act.

I hope all your friends and family are safe. Please keep us updated as you learn more.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote