Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:58 AM   #11

I think the times have changed a bit there are some set pictures you should have but people now like some intermate shots and not so much posed. If you have time look at some of the pictures taken by the pros in your area.
wave01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:42 AM   #12

In case anyone was interested graters are used to make cheese into little pieces to sprinkle on spaghetti. Garters go on the leg and hold things up.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:48 PM   #13

Typos can be a lot of fun. Fortunately for me, my dyslexia cancels out the typos, and I mostly end up with words spelled correctly.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:32 PM   #14

I was at a wedding once where the photographer had a list of photos that were to be taken.

And everybody who was going to be photographed got the list. And the list had been created by the bride and groom. It started with the largest group possible and worked it's way down. That way, people knew when they were finished and could move on to the reception.

It worked great! His assistant would announce, that was photo #7, everyone in photo #8, come on down!

Of course this did not work for all the photos, but it was pretty helpful for the standard family & friend type shots taken in the church.
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:05 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Lists are essential if you have groups to do. I make one for me and one for the best man (a spare lives in the bag as well). I should say that I don't work with an assistant usually so the best man is made my best man regarding the organising of people (he is likely to know more of them than I do). However, I won't say it always works, just depends on the skills of the best man. Sometimes I take charge, I'm fortunate to have a very loud voice so can get the attention of everyone needed but try to leave it to someone else if possible so I just concentrate on working with the people in the photo.

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:24 PM   #16

Just did a quick Google search for wedding photo checklist here are a couple of the links.

http://www.perfect-wedding-day.com/w...checklist.html

http://weddings.about.com/od/photogr...gchecklist.htm

MAR's Flickr
Mugmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:54 PM   #17

Carry a lot of memory cards and take everything to be on the safe side. Ask the bride ahead of time what are the must have photos and group shots she wants, make a list like marik suggested and make sure you take multi shots of each in case anyone closes their eyes etc...

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
In case anyone was interested graters are used to make cheese into little pieces to sprinkle on spaghetti. Garters go on the leg and hold things up.
I had all the right letters, just in the wrong order, I'm dyslexia too that's why I always have dessert first.

This wedding the bride made everyone and I mean everyone come up for a picture. They had to get there picture taken before they could get in the food line. No pressure on me to work fast.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 5:56 AM   #19

These ideas are fantastic! I'll get the best man, another nephew, to corral the guests for the family shots based on a list that shows them by name. A list that is widely distributed so they know when they're up. I'm still working with the principles to develop the list, but we have time - this is another May wedding. I have a little over three months to prepare, but I want to use all the time I have to get this right.

I've got a couple 16G cards, so I have room for 1100 photos in RAW format. I too take several extra shots when the group is large to ensure I get one with everyone with a good expression, but the flash use will slow this down considerably, so I imagine I have sufficient capacity.

What works better - having the family shots before or after the wedding? I realize the family may show a preference, but what would I suggest given the chance?
iowa_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 9:35 AM   #20

My preference would be after - people are usually a bit frazzled from all the last minute preparations, and rushing to get it all organized. When they sit down for the ceremony, they have time to relax a bit, and this tends to show in their faces when you take the pictures.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote