Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:17 PM   #11

thanks for the suggestions, I will probably use pbase for a while... it has what I want, almost. These sites don't seem to distinguish between the idea of uploading/storing of single photographs, and the idea of collecting/organizing them into an album/gallery/whatever. I'd like to keep all my photographs as separate isolated entities unless I choose to organize them together, so if you have a link to the photo gallery, you can see the individual photos, but if you have a single link to one photo, it doesn't necessarily let you see all the other photos in your collection.

My friend recommended ofoto.com but it looks like you can't choose to link to your photos from another site's web page, you have to use the site to email people whenever you want to share them; that's no good for what I want.

What I'd really like to see is a site that rates/compares the different photo sharing sites. (e.g. cost, bandwidth&size of account, # years in existence, etc.) I did see the Photo Sharing Site Links Forum but I have no idea how that will help me distinguish between all these different options.

arghman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:22 PM   #12

arghman wrote:
Quote:
... I'd like to keep all my photographs as separate isolated entities unless I choose to organize them together, so if you have a link to the photo gallery, you can see the individual photos, but if you have a single link to one photo, it doesn't necessarily let you see all the other photos in your collection....
A simple web site will do that very nicely. Just dump the photos you want to refernce independant of the site in a directory(s) with no links to them.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote