Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 5, 2011, 3:04 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Off to Focus on Imaging

Just getting ready to leave home to head to Birmingham in the middle of the UK to visit the Focus on Imaging event taking place tomorrow. I'm going to have to try to be a good boy and not spend too much on toys as there are quite a few I would like.

Mainly wanting to look at the wedding album suppliers as I need a better offering. The crazy thing is that Canon isn't going to be there, no one really knows why but it's a shame. Still, not going to get too worried about it, you can never get on their stand anyway as it's too busy.

Looking forward to the free seminars which should be great.

I will report back on my return.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 10:55 PM   #2

Hope you don't break the bank. I think that all of the manufacturers have cut back on their convention/events, perhaps Canon decided to skip this one and everyone else has chosen to go. In any case, have fun looking at all the neat stuff that's there.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:44 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Mmm, I wanted to go to check out some papers, but for the cost of the train ticket I couldbuy a bunch of trial packs and ink anyway.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:27 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Just back to our hotel and it was a great day. I've selected a new supplier for albums and have ordered a sample pack which will show everything possible. I just would like to get a new wedding done so I can use the photos from that in it (I have 6 months to create the sample pack with my discounted pre order).

I also picked up a Sigma 50mm f1.4 which I know will make Craig happy I think it will make me happy too, just want to give it a good play and make sure it is as I hoped. I was getting bored trying to use a plastic fantastic on a 5DmkII, not really up to the job for anything paid. I will report back on that when I've tested it out fully but initial results look very acceptable at f1.4 and great at f2.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:18 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Who did you choose for your albums Mark.

Have you seen these guys?

http://www.graphistudio.com/

They look amazing to me.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:49 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peripatetic View Post
Who did you choose for your albums Mark.

Have you seen these guys?

http://www.graphistudio.com/

They look amazing to me.
They are amazing and I've considered them quite a lot. I had a final 3 that I wanted to check out at the show, one of which was Graphistudio, the others were Loxley and Sim2000. I finally choose Sim2000 http://www.sim2000imaging.com/produc...-photo-albums/ as there wasn't huge amounts to choose from them however I did really like the staff and the software for creating the albums.