Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:17 PM   #11

Have one's 'display' (phone, tablet, camera, whatever) show in real time what is on the display of a selected nearby camera, with their permission of course.

<fill in the blank> recognition software, so a government can prevent people using cameras sold in their country from taking pictures of <blank>.

Take a face shop and all the images on the memory card that have a match for the face(s) become a subset for review.

Enough battery life and memory space so the default shooting mode is capture image every .1 second after auto focus and stops with the image captured after the shutter is depressed. Somebody (Richoh?) has this feature now but it eats battery and memory.

All manufacturers of personal electronics agree on battery standards so stores only have to carry about 8 different batteries, all of which work with a universal charger. Yeah, right. Like that will ever happen.
ItDontMeanAThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 8:56 PM   #12

Yup, photon shortage is right up there with the dangers of DiHydrogenMonOxide poisoning.

Given the aging population of "still" photographers, a drool detector to replace the shutter release might be the killer app.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 9:34 PM   #13

Drool detection! Love it!!!

Auto composition and auto cull, add that to all the other auto features coming to cameras and the obsolesce factor will be the user not the equipment.
Yep no more need for the photographer, machines begin the take over, sounds like a step towards the Matrix

Your self parking, soon self driving vehicle grabs a camera one morning and goes off to take some images for you ....

Last edited by PeterP; Mar 12, 2011 at 9:37 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDrew View Post
Yup, photon shortage is right up there with the dangers of DiHydrogenMonOxide poisoning.
Lest you think this is a less than serious issue, consider the emphasis camera makers are putting on low light photography. And ask yourself why Daylight Savings Time lasts longer now. Conserve Photons, or we will all be in the dark.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:03 AM   #15
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
...Your self parking, soon self driving vehicle grabs a camera one morning and goes off to take some images for you ....
You'd have to ask Google about the parking part...but, they're already using cars that drive themselves - in traffic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/10/sc...er=rss&emc=rss
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:08 PM   #16

what the fun if every things comes automatic.. let the world some day annouce that we will go back to all manual settings and i am a happy guy.. hehe...

its fun when its manual... else there will be no good photographer.. and i wont be able to drool over pics taken by them.. all at manual...
theironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:34 PM   #17

A 4" x 5" affordable sensor.
Eye oriented AFand WB.
Voice setting selection.
A superluminous, optically perfect 10-300 zoom lens.
Virtual computered-glasses to preview the shot.
The rest is on me.
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo View Post
A 4" x 5" affordable sensor.
Eye oriented AFand WB.
Voice setting selection.
A superluminous, optically perfect 10-300 zoom lens.
Virtual computered-glasses to preview the shot.
The rest is on me.
Too large / heavy for me.

At such sensor size, it would be at least 1kg for the body itself only.

IMHO an unportable equipment is useless to me.
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave01 View Post
I would think that in the near future we wont have any memory cards we will have direct links to our home computers
That's not too far-fetched. When I take a picture on my phone it get's stored on my phone memory and I have an application that automatically sync's to cloud based storage which will then sync to my PC at home. Maybe cameras will have internet connections and app stores in the future to make this sort of thing possible? Your photos are much safer in the cloud as your memory card might stop working or your camera could get stolen etc.
Wiseman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:49 PM   #20

I imagine a lens with see-thru features. Thus allowing teen boys to snap pics of girls and view them naked @ home. This will create topless or nude people walking around as no one will care anymore.
romphotog is offline   Reply With Quote