Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:29 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbj7 View Post
IIRC every film camera I've owned goes up to at least 40.
Ok, but that's still a lot less than the 83 RAW+JPEG exposures that the manual for the 24MP Sony A900 says it can fit on a 4MP flash memory card. So even if there was a way to use the film camera's exposure counter to count the exposures on this device, it wouldn't go up high enough for even the 4GB version.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:47 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
I also have a Yashica-MAT 124G, one of the last I think. The meter works, but I generally have used one of my two hand held Sekonic light meters for readings and settings.
I had thought about doing that a few times, but after using digital cameras for a while now, going back to film just doesn't sound so attractive. My first camera was my mother's Argus TLR which used 620 film, which was the same 120 film on a smaller spool.

Quote:
I would love to have an old Nikon S. Great camera.
I bought it from an Airman at Lowry AFB in 1972 for $50. It's worth more now, but not as much as Nikon's later rangefinder cameras, the SP, S2, S3, and S4.

Quote:
As you may of guessed I like old cameras. Still have my old Leica 11f Rangefinder and Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta B. The Leica works well, the Ikonta...works but it needs some work.
I also have an old Exa 35mm SLR that was given to me but I've never used.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:01 PM   #23

I have a Voigtlander Vito CLR that was my father's. It's in perfect condition, and in fact was little used. I wonder what that might be worth now?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
I had thought about doing that a few times, but after using digital cameras for a while now, going back to film just doesn't sound so attractive. My first camera was my mother's Argus TLR which used 620 film, which was the same 120 film on a smaller spool.

I think my parent's gave a 50's Kodak in the 50's....first camera I bought was a Asahi Pentax S1a....slr...still have it, still works.

I bought it from an Airman at Lowry AFB in 1972 for $50. It's worth more now, but not as much as Nikon's later rangefinder cameras, the SP, S2, S3, and S4.

Had he been stationed in Japan ? Wonder if he, or another military personnel picked it up over there ?

I also have an old Exa 35mm SLR that was given to me but I've never used.
One of my biggest regrets was not buying an old German made Robot camera...spring motor drive (broken) for $ 15 about 25 years ago at a clearance table at an old camera store.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 9:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbj7 View Post
I have a Voigtlander Vito CLR that was my father's. It's in perfect condition, and in fact was little used. I wonder what that might be worth now?
Found this, don't know if it helps.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...iOSVvg&cad=rja
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:53 PM   #26

My first camera was a 640x480 digital camera that had a 64 frame internal only memory. My father had a cannon film camera with an 18-55mm and never let any of the kids use it so never shot a single frame of film. I also remember my mom had a disc camera at one point. Since I got my first digital camera I think my father hasn't shot a single roll of film and used my digital camera for maybe 100 shots total......

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2011, 12:28 PM   #27

I wonder how many great ideas started as a joke...

I wonder whether a clever hobbyist could convert a 126 cartridge into a digi-cartridge... It'd be more of a novelty than anything, but it'd be trippy cool to be able to take an old Instamatic along and get some decent shots with 'em.
spacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 9:15 AM   #28

I have been out on a job on and off lately so have come to this a bit late. I just looked at the site for the first time and I get the impression that the roll up sensor was to make for easier switching between film and digital. Making a case to protect a model with a rigid sensor would not be a problem but storage would be easier if it fit into a 35mm film canister.

Steve

lesmore49. I contacted Mamiya prior to selling a 645 J that had belonged to my father and was told there were no digital conversions for non autofocus cameras.
Old Boat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote