Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:22 PM   #21

AC & Kayd:

Thank you for the comments about the capilization about the URL.

Initially, I was using "PhotosByNeal.com" just so each word would stand out. I just tried typing it in caps on a SUN workstation and it worked just fine. Hopefully people using UNIX based systems know what they're doing on the Internet.

Kayd: You can type the URL in all lowercase, there is no need to type the capital letter.

Also, thank you for the comments on the design work, but I didn't do it. All the design work is by Stephen Preston of Cornerstone Advertising & Design
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:00 PM   #22

I like #5. I agree with others that the eye kinda looks freaky to me. I like the plain blue circle but they remind me of orange slices. I dont know, go figure. In addition, I kinda dont agree with the color clash of blue and orange. Maybe its cuz my fav color is blue that I want everything blue. So I've come to #5 as my conclusion. The logo is swoooshy look and I like that. Plus its all in blue except for some black fonts which add more characteristic to it. Yep ok.. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BUSINESS and tell us how it goes. If you become rich in the future, remember all us little people who recommended which logo to go with.. hehehe

YDanusas
www.pbase.com/booster286
YDanusas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 3:53 PM   #23

Default Ok, down to these two

Ok, I've narrowed it down to two... which one is liked better:

This one (#5)

or This one (#6b)

Thank you everyone for your input!
Old Jan 7, 2004, 6:44 PM   #24

# 5
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:28 PM   #25

Will your background color be white or something else? That would make a difference in your color choice. I like both designs. If white background I'd lean more to #5.
pbnoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:30 PM   #26

6b
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:51 PM   #27

Shoot! I really liked the eye without anything around it, but I came into this a tad late, so I'll cast my vote for #5 because I think logos should be as simple as possible without losing their elegance. Entering into my choice is likely the fact that I come from the world of print where each additional color costs more and where one has to consider how the logo will look in black and white. If you think there's the possibility down the road that your logo might be printed--say, on stationery--it pays to consider using black plus just one color and also to make sure it will still look good devoid of color.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2004, 9:47 PM   #28
lg

6b.

If your intent is to put emphasis on a word, I'd put it in italics and/or a different color;
e.g., life as I see it!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 12:09 AM   #29

My vote goes to #5
informativetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2004, 7:08 AM   #30

Wow, thank you everyone for your feedback!

It has been pointed out to me that in both #5 & #6b the word "by" pops out at you and makes it the most prominent part of the logo. I think it sticks out less in #6b than it does in #5. So, that being said, what does everyone think of this set?

I would want the shutter to be a solid color (as opposed to an outlined image) and also the tag line "life as I see it" to be all one color. So maybe #3 on that page with the tag line being all blue?

Comments?

Thank you again everyone. I don't have many people to bounce these off of, so it is good to get the feedback of many!