Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:52 PM   #1

Default Your "secret" deal website

Hey guys...

Generally when I buy things I search all over the web. About 10 years ago I searched pretty much any and everywhere before settling on a website or two or three that I trusted enough to use time and time again.

I build my own computers whenever one is needed. Generally once every other year for the past 15+ years now. Usually i just went to the web and just searched around. One day say around 11 years ago I found newegg.com. A great website for computer parts and hardware if your looking to buy you own / make your own pc.

Basically the point of this thread is what is your "HIDDEN GEM" of a website out there?

Where is the place to go to, to buy good deals on LEN's / Camera's / Spare parts ... so on so on.

Just looking for a nice list of sites to bookmark for myself and for other users coming here. Things like, great prices - easy to deal with - fast affordable shipping - great return policy all factor into this

Thanks all
ekimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:38 PM   #2

Try Crutchfield.com they are great to deal with, free shipping on most items, they are a multi-electronics store in Roanoke, Va. I just ordered a Fujifilm HS20EXR from them at only 449.99 comes with camera case and free shipping. Have bought a Garmin GPS from them, they bend over backwards to please ya.....J4c
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimes View Post
One day say around 11 years ago I found newegg.com. A great website
I agree that Newegg is a good one of many. The good ones like B&H, Tiger, ... are never secret though it may take a while before they are recognized.

Secrecy is one of frauds favorite friends.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:26 PM   #4

I've had issues with tigerdirect myself multi times between 2004 - 2009, have not used them since. Adomara, B+H and newegg.com are what I use. Usually using newegg.com first when ever possible.

I used Crutchfield.com to buy a radio for my car but I find their camera prices to be on the high side....

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:58 AM   #5

I have been using tigerdirect for quite some time. Got upgrades to my old Win'95 computer from them. Purchased a lot of goodies there, including a wide screen tv. I have had a couple issues with products, but the customer service has been consistently excellent. Bought some memory upgrades for my XP machine which didn't work - customer support knew there were issues with timing specs on Dell and sent me the correct memory, plus a prepaid return shipping label for the ones that didn't work. No hassles, and considering the problem was that I had ordered the wrong parts in the first place, worth a real pat on the back.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 2:38 PM   #6

I've always bought from B&H and was treated last week to visit their store in NY. Wow is the word to describe this place and the efficient way they do biz. You get in line, tell them what you're looking for and while at the counter, your merchandise magically appears. You pay for it and they "ship" it to the front door where you retrieve your goods as you leave.
Outhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 4:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outhouse View Post
I've always bought from B&H and was treated last week to visit their store in NY. Wow is the word to describe this place and the efficient way they do biz. You get in line, tell them what you're looking for and while at the counter, your merchandise magically appears. You pay for it and they "ship" it to the front door where you retrieve your goods as you leave.
B&H has set the gold standard.
Main area of "expertise": Landscape (beaches), Macro, Foliage, B&W
Saltine713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 4:51 AM   #8

I generally use Amazon. Never tried New Egg. Some of their prices seemed to good to be true. Guess I'll have to take the plunge based on this thread. Had many issues with Tiger, and will not buy from them anymore.
Ektachrome is offline   Reply With Quote