Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 30, 2011, 9:27 AM   #1

Default Old Camera--New Computer?

My PV-DV953 isn't recognized by my 64 bit Windows 7 new computer and a Windows search online for a compatible driver fails. Panasonic does not support this format for the old camera. I connect via firewire or USB from the camera.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my computer to recognize the device is attached and not with a yellow exclamation point?

Thanks, Gary
gtwittman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:46 PM   #2

I'm not at all familiar with your camera, but I haven't hooked a camera up to my computer in a long time - I use a card reader. Then I don't have to deal with something like that.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:25 PM   #3

Have you installed the camera software on your new computer? If it is not working correctly, you may be able to use the windows compatibility mode. I have had mixed results with this - one or two applications work fine, others do not. I agree with Harriet, though, that a card reader may be the best solution.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 5:59 AM   #4

I download pics from my Panasonic with Fuji software, no problem.
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:34 PM   #5

my suggestion is to buy a new camera which can be recongnized by your new PC via USB. only a joke, lol. just like the others said, you need a card reader. best wishes.
coldwilson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2012, 7:51 AM   #6

Default Any solutions for connecting DV953D to Win 7 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwittman1 View Post
My PV-DV953 isn't recognized by my 64 bit Windows 7 new computer and a Windows search online for a compatible driver fails. Panasonic does not support this format for the old camera. I connect via firewire or USB from the camera.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get my computer to recognize the device is attached and not with a yellow exclamation point?

Thanks, Gary
Gary, I know this is an old thread, but did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same model camera and there is ZERO info online for this. Panasonic does not even have it on their site, you can't download the original DV Studio 3 software from anywhere. I am blown away that there is no info or drivers for this DV camcorder!!! I have ordered a 4 pin to 6 pin firewire cable to connect it that way.

I have ALOT of mini tapes from this camera and HI8 tapes from another camera that I want to import into PowerDirector 11. This DV953D can be used as a pass-through camera so once I get it connected I was planning on running the old analog HI8 through this one to convert it to digital.

Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
tdurhamjr is offline   Reply With Quote