Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 12, 2004, 12:49 AM   #1

Default success with Ritz Camera?

hello..
has anyone purchased their camera ONLINE from ritz? if so, how did it go? fast shipment? tracking number? return policy...?

they have a pretty good price for the camera i want, but i DO NOT want to be screwed over because of false advertisement or b/c the product was on back order and crap. i rather spend another $15 or $20 to get it at a more reliable place if i have to go through that..
any feedback is appreciated. thanks
naz4viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2004, 7:08 AM   #2

I have never dealt with them, but I have been in their stores. They are not a fly-by-night operation that operates fully on internet and mail order sales and not likely to pull unfair or unethical business practices.

I have dealt online with B&H, Adorama, and Samy's -- all with excellent results. My only complaint about Samy's is the lack of email feedback during the process (other than receipt of order). They did, however, call me on one order on an item that was on backorder to check if I wanted to hold the order or cancel. Thumbs up for that.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 10:04 AM   #3
Administrator

RitzCamera.com was our premier retail partner for almost two years. During that time we had a total of two complaints, both of which were handled properly. They are a very good outfit to deal with online and they have brick and mortar stores all over the place.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 10:32 AM   #4

IMHO, Ritz is OK, but their stores are typical mall type stores that cater to the average person who takes snapshots. I think it is unfortunate that Camera World was bought out by the Ritz, Kits, Wollf, et. al. chain. Camera World was a much better dealer. Their store in downtown Portland, OR was outstanding. Since Ritz took over the store, it has gone downhill significantly. I won't shop there anymore. There are two other stores in Portland, Pro Photo, and Citizen photo, that are still top notch, catering to amateur and professional. Also, Suburban Photo in Beaverton, OR is an excellent store.

In spite of the comments above, I bought my new Nikon D100 at the Kits store in my local mall since it is much closer to my home and the price was the same as the pro stores.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 3:06 PM   #5

do they provide tracking numbers when they ship...?
naz4viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 1:40 AM   #6

I bought my Canon Drebel online from Ritz, and had it in my hands 3 days later.
I also bought 2 lenses from them a week later. The lenses were out of stock, and they called the warehouse to check availability, confirmed, and had the lenses at the store the same day. Called me, and I went and bought the lenses!
Good customer service IMHO.

David
DavesPPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2004, 4:18 AM   #7

Default Re: success with Ritz Camera?

I bought my D100 over the intente from Ritz forr reasons that don't come to mind at the moment...) I did NOT get a tracking number when it shipped (or even a notification) though thay may be because the units were still in an oversold state when I bought and there was no guarantee when it was going to ship.

Ritz shipped to me from CA. That took a long time because I am on the East Coast. I generally buy from B&H which is in NYC and I get 1 to 2 day service (when I buy their slowest service). That makes B&H quicker for me. B&H is incredibly reliable, has the same or better prices than Ritz and tends not to push you to buy their in house private labels as much... It is also faster for me primarily because of their location but they do tend to ship out the same day that I order (usually late at night i.e. 3:00 - 4:00 AM).

I have been buying from B&H for over 40 years. In that time I only got one product that had a problem. Their method of resolving that problem was to ship me out a new unit moments after I called them. I'm pretty satisfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4viper
hello..
has anyone purchased their camera ONLINE from ritz? if so, how did it go? fast shipment? tracking number? return policy...?

they have a pretty good price for the camera i want, but i DO NOT want to be screwed over because of false advertisement or b/c the product was on back order and crap. i rather spend another $15 or $20 to get it at a more reliable place if i have to go through that..
any feedback is appreciated. thanks
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 6:25 PM   #8

Default Ritz is okay!

I ordered a Fuji 2650 digital cam January '03. They had a great price that included the cam case and an extra 32meg media card. They quickly gave me a UPS tracking number and the order was received in 3 days. I would order from them again.

Steve :lol:
harr840 is offline   Reply With Quote