Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 14, 2002, 1:00 AM   #11

please use this to check out online merchant before post. 90% online crooks when it coms to cams. Many online price search engines have some of the worst crooks as sponcers.....

Lin,
let me think, walking thru the rockies carry 18 cams...... or rumbling thru leaning into curves with my 2100UZI. Bet you know the answer

http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 1:09 AM   #12

i got a Canon S40 last week
and was really really disappointed, the pictures are not sharp, and the flash proved insuff. for low light situations.

did anyone have a similar experience?
dorae006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 1:10 AM   #13

Hi Gary,

Just like using cameras, you can only ride one at a time :-)

Actually the C2100UZ and a B-300 will get you by pretty well when you're packing light - it serves me pretty well on those week long packing trips in the Rockies. I sometimes ride the Hawg, but more frequently one of my 4 legged hay burners. ;-)

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 1:24 AM   #14

Lin,
You Hawg does it also have 4 legs? lol, How about a pic? Did you see my bad weather Harley? posted pic as car sail, needs paint, Motor was built by Duncan Racing in the Springs, rollered, cammed, Dart Sportsman II heads, Port Polish, Elderbrok tuned port injection. Do not get along with four legged things, did you see pic of rover vacuming?
Gary
Old Aug 14, 2002, 4:05 AM   #15

no my friend owns a F707 it might be good in low light but not in the white balance
mdorani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 4:07 AM   #16

oh my god ur crazy u bought a cannon.

cannons sux go and return it get a sony for god sakes
mdorani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 5:01 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally posted by dorae006
i got a Canon S40 last week
and was really really disappointed, the pictures are not sharp, and the flash proved insuff. for low light situations.

did anyone have a similar experience?
Here is a link to steves conclusion, read the last sentence, see if it agrees with your feelings. If so when you get interested in one, read the whole conclusion.. Seems like all the great "smalll" electronics are only for 007 and the other secret agents. Maybe think a tad bigger.
Gary

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...tml#conclusion
Old Aug 14, 2002, 7:31 AM   #18

Lin,

4 legged hay burners - Yes!!!! As you know they are quite capable of carring your 18 cameras, but Gary wouldn't have room in his saddle bags for anything else, if he managed to get 18 in there! ;D

I have seen pictures posted somewhere (can't remember where) that were taken in total darkness according to the post, with some camera. Is this the 707? Has a special feature for this... infared or something. Shots had a different cast but I think was not on tripod so must not have been too long shutter speed.
A Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:35 AM   #19

Quote:
Your Hawg does it also have 4 legs? lol, How about a pic? Did you see my bad weather Harley? posted pic as car sail, needs paint, Motor was built by Duncan Racing in the Springs, rollered, cammed, Dart Sportsman II heads, Port Polish, Elderbrok tuned port injection. Do not get along with four legged things, did you see pic of rover vacuming?
Hey! Her name is "Miss Piggy" - actually, I'm sitting here this morning looking at my neighbor's 4 legged version of the Hawg - about the same weight as a "dresser" I'd guess.

Here's a two year old photo of mine - she's in a basket now waiting on a new S&S 113. Lots of good years, but she's getting old like me... '75 FX Shovel with a few goodies...

I didn't see yours! Give me a link - sounds like a nice combo for road/street. I've built quite a few over the years, but when AMA took over a few years back I got disillusioned - now things are better with the employees in control in cheese country....

Lin

[Edited on 8-22-2002 by Lin Evans]
Old Aug 14, 2002, 8:43 AM   #20

Quote:
I have seen pictures posted somewhere (can't remember where) that were taken in total darkness according to the post, with some camera. Is this the 707? Has a special feature for this... infared or something. Shots had a different cast but I think was not on tripod so must not have been too long shutter spee
Gotta love those hay burners! I've definitely lost more skin and had more broken bones from the 4 legged kind over the years - but love them both!

It probably was an F707. They have an infrared nightshot capability, but the images are green and grainy. The good side is that the infrared which is invisible to the human eye under normal circumstances, can be used to focus with, then the shot can be taken with regular flash. Of course you can use the built-in IR beams (pretty tiny) to get a greenish, grainy image without the subject ever knowing the picture has been taken. In addition to this, there is a holographic laser-like red pattern which "can" be used to get perfect focus in total darkness at reasonably close distances. It really is a versatile low light camera with a very fast lens at all focal lengths. Probably my favorite for night focus in a reasonably compact camera.

Best regards,

Lin