Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 14, 2002, 9:01 AM   #21

Lin,
You are really showing you age when you call the AMF years a few years ago. 69- about81?? Look at the good side they never used bowling balls for the gas tank picks of bikes, vette and 1st place custom trophy 98 HOG ralley at steamboat...Its special when you do it with a superglide. Lived in goegetown in 90's reopened the crazy horse there.

http://www.pbase.com/cologs/hd
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 9:48 AM   #22

Oh yea, you got that age thing right! I got my first hog in '57 when I was 15, and still miss it!

That Glide is way too pretty for me to ride - I hate it when I get a rock chip on the tank even on Miss Piggy who would never win a beauty contest - well maybe in Canada, eh....?

You've got a couple nice rides there. Actually, there are some beautiful rides around these days. Some of the custom's from Iron Horse & some from the boys in Bullhead City are too cool. I've seen some of the really nice one's going for over $60K... Too rich for my blood. I quit building a few years back and began tinkering with cars instead. I've got a 90 Mustang with a 17lb boost Vortech and a loaded "Bullet" block 306 which puts out about 460 hp at the rear wheels - hooking up is a hoot... I'm just selling a '95 Cobra - bone stock with 55K miles - last of the 302 push rods. I was going to build it, but bought a little Subaru WRX for a project car instead. She's going to the Texas tuner's in a couple months for some serious retro-fitting. Should put out about 350 hp when we are done. Similar builds are getting into the mid 12's in the quarter and do 0-60 in 4.3 which should surprise my neighbor next time he plays with me in his Viper. I blew him off the road with the '90 Mustang last year and he reciprocated when he caught me in the WRX a few days ago - HA! He's got a big surprise coming soon - I'll catch him sleeping at the stick and get some retribution.... When I'm finished with the WRX I won't have more than $6500 over sticker in mods and that will make the grand total just a tad over $30K. He's got at least $80K in the Dodge and can't drive it in the snow...

The old Crazy Horse in G'town huh? What took you way south to Las Animas? My wife used to work with a girl from Las Animas - great kid - she lost an eye to a roping accident - ranching family. I shot her wedding for a favor and got a chance to look around - nice area, but seemed like not a lot to do if you're not into farming/ranching....

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:11 AM   #23

The old Crazy Horse in G'town huh? What took you way south to Las Animas? My wife used to work with a girl from Las Animas - great kid - she lost an eye to a roping accident - ranching family. I shot her wedding for a favor and got a chance to look around - nice area, but seemed like not a lot to do if you're not into farming/ranching....

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,
If I ever have a "rice Bunner" momment need you to come shoot, wedding lleave cams at home. Normally checking a couple of rabit pit bulls out of the pound for weekeend brings back those great till death do us memories. Ordering cam today, turning pro, seemed like all speciality shoots had to many photogrphers already. Going to get the E-100 RS, with its screaming FPS rate can specialize in shower shots, should be able to get 15-30 shots and be long gone before she has chance to thow something wet at cam. You mentioned B-300 lens last nite for 2100, would B-200 be better at about $75 thanthe B-300 at $???
Gary
Gary Senkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2002, 10:34 AM   #24

Quote:
Normally checking a couple of rabit pit bulls out of the pound for weekeend brings back those great till death do us memories
Oh yea, now I understand :-)

I wouldn't suggest any tele add-ons for the 2100 or E100 other than the B-300 1.7x or the TCON-14B (not the TCON-14 - which is different from the TCON-14B).

Either of these are excellent glass. The 14B is a huge lens with a 63mm ocular side and about 86mm objective. It's a 1.45x tele, and will give you incredibly crisp shots. It's available widely too. You WILL get some chromatic aberration with it, but either QimagePro's filter or Picture Window Pro 3.1's chromatic aberration removal tool will make it right.

Unfortunately there are no other really suitable telephoto's which I have found that will work properly if image quality is the desired end result. The B-300 is expensive and though a great piece of glass, is not "quite" as sharp as the TCON-14B. The 14B seems to bring out a bit of blue shift chromatic aberration (not blooming) which is easily fixed with Picture Window Pro 3.1 ($89). The B-300 tends to have a bit more red/green shift which is also easily "fixed". No matter which tele lens you end up with for the C2100UZ or E-100Rs you WILL need one or the other of these tools or a similar one because there will be some CA.

You might try Eagle Eye in the U.K. for the B-300. He gets them on a fairly regular basis and is expecting some shortly. They have been discontinued, and are really hard to come by, but definitely worth the effort because they get you 646mm with the 10X optical Olympus lenses and work great with many different cameras as well.

Good luck on going pro - might as well jump in and make a reputation. Lots of possibilities if you work hard and do some marketing....

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote