Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 15, 2004, 8:38 PM   #11

I would be quite happy if they would just increase the amount of competitions that the enlargements can go in throughout the year as they have no restrictions on them. I think only four months out of the twelve seems a little unfair. However since I am very new to the club I dont really want to go charging in making demands and such.

what I would like to know is how does a judge tell if a photo has been say sharpened, softened or lightened etc?. Im not talking cropping or adding things into the photos. the G3 has all these features within the camera as well as a vivid mode so what is the difference to doing it on computer????
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:23 AM   #12

If digital manipulation is very well done they can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladyforty
what I would like to know is how does a judge tell if a photo has been say sharpened, softened or lightened etc?. Im not talking cropping or adding things into the photos. the G3 has all these features within the camera as well as a vivid mode so what is the difference to doing it on computer????
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2004, 12:55 AM   #13

MMMMMM thats a thought. I know they can pick the cropping but I just took some photos on sharp, vivid color and apart from lightening them a little they are great. Maybe i will put one in that has been edited slightly, just to see if they can pick it :lol:
Old Jan 17, 2004, 8:06 PM   #14

I got talking with another club member who is new as well and he was thinking the same thing as me. He was relieved not to be the only one a little peeved. Together we hope to try and get the club to come into this century Wish us luck, this is a country town and this is the only club in it and we would like to stay members.
Old Jan 17, 2004, 8:57 PM   #15
-jb

It's their club. They can make any rules they want.

I hope they all buy big blocks of film while they still sell it...

-jb
-jb is offline   Reply With Quote