Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 18, 2004, 3:01 AM   #1

Default Steve...love your services...

Steve love what you do!
I love all of the other users here and learn so much!
Would like to send money to you and sure others would like to do the same....I know you probably get money from advertisers, but find your website a very special place to learn and share from others..I can only say....you are a special person in Florida hope you stay around for many years for people like me who like to learn from others..When I was in the Navy ..spent many days in Jacksonville Florida...found the people there so nice as a youth...didn't really want to go home again after my stint .. in the Navy..Love what you offer to us...Ross
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 18, 2004, 12:39 PM   #2
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words, it is a labor of love running this site. We don't make a big deal out of soliciting for donations but you'll find a PayPal form on our About Us page:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/aboutus/aboutus2.html

Thanks - Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 1:14 PM   #3

Default Reference Sites

I agree - this place is AWESOME.
Steve - your reviews are excellent - clear/consice for the novice and yet detailed enough for the expert.
I recently bought an A1 and am now looking for a printer. I am looking at the R300 which pretty much appears price-fixed at $179 (so I don't care so much where I buy it).
I noticed some links on this site bring me to a place called "dealtime" - when I go out there and select a vendor - am I still carrying a cookie or reference link that will give you credit? Just want to make sure I'm giving back for the excellent service you provide.
(On a similar note - this discussion forum has been a great help for me - I never asked the ever-so-popular "what camera should I buy question" before I picked up my minolta dimage a1, but read lots of posts on comparisons and commentary which was really helpful - now I'll try to give back to those in the market, or those having trouble with the camera I may have overcome - this is what makes these types of forums so great - you can take advice from the experts - then as your knowledge grows - you can give back what you can...)
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 2:53 PM   #4
Administrator

Default Re: Reference Sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by cczych
I noticed some links on this site bring me to a place called "dealtime" - when I go out there and select a vendor - am I still carrying a cookie or reference link that will give you credit? Just want to make sure I'm giving back for the excellent service you provide.
Yes, by clicking on our DealTime links and following them out to the various dealers does make us money. Thanks for your support!

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 5:57 PM   #5

New to your web site. Your web site is great keep the good work, I've learned so much as a newbie already from your site and all the friendly people that help. Steve your on the site is excellant compared to other sites. I enjoy your web site.
Imacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2004, 2:51 PM   #6

Default Re: Reference Sites

[quote="steve"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cczych

Yes, by clicking on our DealTime links and following them out to the various dealers does make us money. Thanks for your support!

-Steve
...now if one of those dealers actually had an epson r300 in stock I'd be all set
This printer is flying off shelves - after checking Steve's reference shopping sites, checked inventories of stores through massachusetts - all out of stock - they sell them as fast as they come in.
I'm beginning to wonder if Epson is trying to keep demand by holding back supply
cczych is offline   Reply With Quote