Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:25 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Did my first wedding show

On Saturday I had a stand at a quite intimate wedding fayer at a hotel in Plymouth, there were only about 15 stands in total and I was the only photographer..... I'm still trying to work out if that we good or bad as there was no competition but also no one to potentially blow me away quality wise.

I had a fantastic time, no bookings, but I didn't ask for any as I'm really not into the pressure selling route, I encourage people to take their time and ensure they are happy not only with the photographs but also the person they are going to be working with. Have a few meetings set up so hopefully all will be worth while.

I really enjoyed myself, I love chatting to people so a great day as far as I'm concerned

A quick shot taken by my dad. My problem is I make everything look so small as I'm 6'6" tall and 20 stone

Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:47 PM   #2
Administrator

Neat. Tell your dad that we appreciate the photo.

Out of curiosity, who are you using for the Photo Books that I see there? I've been browsing for Christmas specials on them as gifts (for photos of parties, anniversaries, etc.), trying to decide if it would just be easier (and less expensive) to give out digital photo frames instead, given the price reductions I'm seeing on them lately. :-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:47 PM   #3

Was the Quality Street used for bribery purposes...?
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:04 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Neat. Tell your dad that we appreciate the photo.

Out of curiosity, who are you using for the Photo Books that I see there? I've been browsing for Christmas specials on them as gifts (for photos of parties, anniversaries, etc.), trying to decide if it would just be easier (and less expensive) to give out digital photo frames instead, given the price reductions I'm seeing on them lately. :-)
I use Bob's Books now for the basic ones and for my high end options a UK company called Sim2000. There are loads to choose from now and some great deals available. I know photo frames are getting cheap but I still love seeing something printed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMON40 View Post
Was the Quality Street used for bribery purposes...?
Sure was.... and to help keep my energy up LOL.