Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:11 PM   #21

Looking forward to your next release.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:21 PM   #22

I liked it! There weren't any laugh until I cried moments, but I did chuckle or smile quite a few times. But, I'm an X-Men fan, so that might have had something to do with it. I can't believe you didn't think Wolverine was a good movie! Okay, maybe I thought it was good mostly because I liked looking at Hugh Jackman... but still. LOL!

I totally know how much work you put into this short film. Chroma keying can be a serious pain, but you did a good job - I didn't see any bleed-through. What kind of light setup did you use? What program did you use for editing? A lot of amateur video makers (including myself) just can't seem to get a 100% clean chroma key. There's always that thin green outline around me. I think that's a lighting issue, though.

Overall, I enjoyed the parody. Do more.

LadyRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:16 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRo View Post
I liked it! There weren't any laugh until I cried moments, but I did chuckle or smile quite a few times. But, I'm an X-Men fan, so that might have had something to do with it. I can't believe you didn't think Wolverine was a good movie! Okay, maybe I thought it was good mostly because I liked looking at Hugh Jackman... but still. LOL!

I totally know how much work you put into this short film. Chroma keying can be a serious pain, but you did a good job - I didn't see any bleed-through. What kind of light setup did you use? What program did you use for editing? A lot of amateur video makers (including myself) just can't seem to get a 100% clean chroma key. There's always that thin green outline around me. I think that's a lighting issue, though.

Overall, I enjoyed the parody. Do more.
Thank you very much for your kind words and I've actually changed my mind about Wolverine being a bad film since I saw it on Tv the other day.

The answer to what you really want to know is lighting! My friend and I used a big light stand that has two 500 watt bulbs on it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-59112.../dp/B0001K9X9S

They get incredibly hot very quickly and looking directly into them is probably worse than looking into the sun however that's their strength when it comes to green screening. Lighting is key to chroma keying and they have to be proper powerful lights that you can move around and adjust to the right position. These are portable and have a really long cord on them so you can move them around the house and adjust them however you want. Then I used After Effects and I just learned by googling 'how to do I use a green screen with After Effects' and they're are about a million tutorials that tell you the exact same thing.

I hope that helps, thanks for taking the time to tell me what you thought of the film.
Zickzackduck is offline   Reply With Quote