Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:19 PM   #11

I've heard people say things like "the best photographer can take great pictures with a pinhole camera." And I'd agree to a certain extent. But they can't take any picture with a pinhole camera.

I agree that without skill, you won't take good pictures (I certainly fall into that catagory. I am learning, but I wouldn't say I have great skills.) But people also have to realize that you need the right tools for the job. And wedding photography is amazingly stressfull and exacting. To do it well.... really well (and wedding photography deserves to be done really well) you need some of the best equipment around.

Thanks again for the comment. I appreciate it when people like what I contribute. It makes the effort worth while, and keeps me coming back to give more.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 12:39 PM   #12

here its a sample image, it was taken with a Fuji Finepix 3800 3.24 MP. I replaced the background with that skyfall(?). It was printed at 16"x20" gimme some opinions on my style, besides equipment

dont know why but it lost sharpnesswhen i rezized it for posting here
milleniumdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:08 PM   #13

It looks very odd to me with her face being lit from one side while the sun is setting on the other side.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:12 PM   #14

in print it dosent look that way, maybe i compressed to mush the image i used Superjpg instead of photoshop, maybe that has something to do with it
Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:13 PM   #15

any opinons on setting framing, etc?
Old Jan 26, 2004, 2:36 PM   #16

I have to agree with Bill's point about the lighting in the foreground not matching the sunset. Try reversing the sunset so that it is on her left hand side, it may remove the odd lighting effect.

Otherwise the composition of her in the car is nice and you've done a nice job exposing the white dress.
ursa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:14 PM   #17

eric s, i agree that you need the correct tools for the job. i was just making the point that a regular customer of mine uses disposable cameras and takes absolutely amazing pictures, and that it is his skill, not equipment that get results. i am sure that we will never see him taking pictures at a wedding :lol:
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 5:40 AM   #18

Gandalf065

But amazing pictures of what? That is my point.

milleniumdesigns

I generally like the picture. I agree with the other comment about exposure. From what I've read, exposing for a white dress in such a mixed color environment isn't easy.

I find her posture a little odd. Like she's leaning forwards a bit from the waist. It could just be an illusion from the angle it was shot.

Not only is the lighting on her face clearly from the left, her shadow is thrown on the back seat that way too. I think you did a good a fairly good job putting the sunset in, though. It does seem a bit odd that the background is a nice rich green, and then suddenly becomes faded and then the sky begins. Maybe I'm seeing it because you said the sky was edited?

If it were me, I'd not want you to put in the sunset... but then again, I don't know what the sky was really like, so maybe I would?

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:28 AM   #19

eric s,
he mostly takes landscape type pics, which work very well with disposables and the fixed lens they have. again i must clarify what i said! you are gonna make me think what i say before i say it lol...
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:32 AM   #20

1. I find her posture a little odd. Like she's leaning forwards a bit from the waist. It could just be an illusion from the angle it was shot.

I cant help if she has back problems. She actually is leaning forward , she has a condition on her back.

2.It does seem a bit odd that the background is a nice rich green, and then suddenly becomes faded and then the sky begins.

Pay close attention to the picture, there are 2 images there, the car and the background(sky and green its all 1 picture) if it seems odd blame NATURE ,

any more positive or negative? If negative please provide what you will do for a solution