Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:51 PM   #161

Wow! What a system. I think for me, it would help me take my craft to the next level. Right now I am active duty Navy and only take pictures part time. I am set to retire next year, after 20 years and have been planning a full-time career doing various styles of photography once that happens. Currently, I am a night club photographer on weekends and I am working on building my portfolio with modeling and family-type shoots. I would LOVE to get into some of the newer 3D and composite CGI styles but my current Gateway balks at that idea. Either way, photography is my passion and I plan to keep pushing myself and my equipment as much as possible, this computer would certainly be a great way to allow that to happen.

Thanks for the opportunity!
ecorrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:16 PM   #162

Default Awesome

It would be awesome to have a computer that would be able to handle all the editing programs I have/would still like without slowing down. You guys ROCK!

Last edited by wildmanaz; Jan 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM. Reason: mispelling
wildmanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:02 PM   #163

I would use this bad boy ONLY for my photos and editing programs. The computer I have now is basically a family computer and every once in awhile I will mysteriously lose photo files. Not sure what thats all about, but the computer I have now is getting ready to celebrate its 8th birthday! Having a new computer for just my pictures would be much appreciated! - Paula
cozgrl05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:09 PM   #164

I was thinking about that just the other day, while backing up my photos to an external hard drive before cleaning up a particularly nasty virus.
I think an isolated system dedicated to photo work would be a great idea, maybe with a very limited firewall access for sending files out. Heck, I'd even go back to 'sneakernet' and use thumb drives and cards to transfer files, with vigorous scanning between machines. Nothing like a system wipe to get the ol' paranoia going...
spacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:06 PM   #165

Default Crazy Fast Looking Computer

The spec's tell the tale of blazing spead for this computer, but the appearance makes it look like its a speedster from the future. I think it would tear through my raw files in DXO Optics. I do think it would fit nicely under my desk as well. Good luck everyone!
OnRoxMaxDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:29 PM   #166

Being retired an on a fixed income, winning this would be beyound beliveable. Thanks so much for offering such a giveaway - jack
jpowersrrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:42 PM   #167

This is a nice machine, I have been eyeing parts for something similar to use with photoshop/lightroom. I got my first dslr about 1 1/2 years ago and i've already used up 800gb of space. I thought I was throwing a lot away too :-)

flickr
kev83202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:02 PM   #168

When you take pictures like I do you are always running out of space especially when you use a laptop. They are great for photos on the go but limited when it comes time to edit those photos. This computer that is being given away by Steve's Digicams is superb and offers the latest of hardware designed to make editing and storing photos a breeze. It not only packs alot of punch, it looks great. This is almost a piece of artwork. The lucky person that gets one of these is going to enjoy for many years....but I hope its me.....
buzzsaw39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:38 PM   #169

Default Extreme Editing

I do like to play with extreme editing it opens up a whole new area of digital photography and allows creative approach This computer would help in a very productive manner.
Tatanka001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:35 AM   #170

Default amazing otp desktop

I am a semi-pro photographer that has been getting into the game for the 18 months now and starting to do a lot heavier editing as of late. With my trusty mac book pro that i do have, as much as i love it, is about to be three generations behind in processer performance and I am going to need to upgrade.

The quad core 2600K with its hyperthreading is what I would buy if i built my own tower. The fact that this machine has that, plus the three hard drives, a massive graphics card, oh and liquid cooling, just screams O.P. for me and would become my OTP (one true pairing) for a machine for the next three years.

Only thing I would have to do is repurchase Adobe Production Premium, but I can handle that if this rig is sitting on my desk.

TALLYHO! Let me win to advance my photo and video capabilities!
-MechaDanger, Lancenothiding

Last edited by MechaDanger; Jan 24, 2012 at 1:37 AM.
MechaDanger is offline   Reply With Quote