Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:04 AM   #31

I am working on a computer that only has 520Mb of RAM, so any major editing or loading task takes minutes to grind through. This system makes it look like a tip calculator. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if things were to happen as soon as I clicked on them.
Craigj72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:36 AM   #32

Oh my....I would LOVE to have this computer! I have a great Canon DSLR camera (thanks to the reviews at Steve's Digicams!) and want to get my photography business up and running successfully. I have done a little portrait work but don't have a machine that is powerful enough to accomplish big tasks (Photoshop takes FOREVER to load, and I have to wait 20-30 seconds or longer for every selection I make to take effect). I want to get into HD video editing at some point too. Winning this new computer would allow me to do just that and much more I bet! My 10 year old Gateway computer is on it's last leg...seriously...I've been getting the black screen message "there is something wrong with your hard drive" for a while now. I've backed up my files, but I don't know how much longer the old thing will last
wigglymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:28 PM   #33

Excellent system! You can never have to much power or speed, especially for digital photography.
mjollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 12:38 PM   #34

Wow... My PC is getting some age on it and this new one would really help with my Photoshop editing.
ken 1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:11 PM   #35

My e-machine is gasping for air. Would love a zippy new ride!
Ripley44224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:13 PM   #36

How awesome it is that you are possibly changing someone's life with this prize! i live near Sedona, AZ, one of the most beautiful places on God's Earth and with this system I can put together and publish an amazing book of pictures of Sedona. A legacy I can leave for all to enjoy! Thanks for the opportunity to dream! Success in the New Year, Dave

edit: Liked and Shared and retweeted!

Last edited by Coydog; Jan 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM. Reason: Joined FB and Twitter
Coydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:40 PM   #37

Default I'll take it!

Nothing like a new computer to kick off the new year.
Ben Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 4:17 PM   #38

Default I want it ! Who does not ?

Well, now the existing gear talk : As today I'm covering my digital darkroom needs with a convertible/tablet notebook, equipped with a totally dead battery, and the screen is slowly dying on me. Not complaining, just a fact...we live in a disposable world...
Unfortunately my old great machine is irreplaceable/out of production by few years , so I have on my" to do list" to build an upgrade-able monster digital darkroom tower PC to have for the years to come, and to use a with a "W" plugged in separate "interactive pen display"/slate, (I can not even call it tablet this days, the meaning of the word shifted from the original meaning).
And here I am, day dreaming, with my eyes sparkling/looking at the my dimmed screen, showing THE red rectangular prism housing my future virtual next digital darkroom, sitting close to my 7 external HDD ( Yep, I'm a backup paranoid guy , who shot RAW all the time, so 7 physical separate drives is justifiable...in my mind...).
Honestly I opened an account on your forum, triggered by the possibility of winning this sweet machine you guys will give away to a very lucky one. And this is coming from a guy who for years visited this site articles & reviews to select and buy the light capturing devices ...always visitor, never participant...
Now I'm here and I have no plans to be just one time "giveaway visitor". I will try to participate and share my opinions from now on this very forum.
Good luck to everyone ! and to myself !
roudesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:50 PM   #39

Wow that's a fine P.C. Somebody is going to be happy. (I hope it's me.) But seriously, this is a great give-a-way. I can just see some lucky person loading up the upcoming Photoshop CS6, setting up dual monitors and producing some killer pics. Good luck to all.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 7:12 PM   #40

Default new computer

my hard working son's computer just crashed this morning due to a virus. This would be nice to win for him and he will make sure next time to get a better antivirus.
kimmyshimmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote