Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:21 AM   #1

Default Print problem

I use an Epson C 90 and when I print multiple images I get horizontal lines on the images as if the heads were dirty, yet If I print out an 8 x 10 there is no problem. I have tried everything in the maintenance menu with no luck, anyone with any ideas?
Grounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:30 AM   #2

Are you saying that whenever an image doesn't fill the page you get banding? ... or is it just when you print multiple images per page?

Has it always done this, or is this a recent development?

Are you using the latest drivers for the Epson Stylus C90?

JOOC, can you scan or photograph an example of what you're getting, and post it here?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
I use an Epson C 90 and when I print multiple images I get horizontal lines on the images as if the heads were dirty, yet If I print out an 8 x 10 there is no problem. I have tried everything in the maintenance menu with no luck, anyone with any ideas?
You may try checking your print settings when the print dialog box appears. It may be that for the multiple print option, the printer may be set for draft mode and when you are printing the 8 x 10 it may be set for fine printing.

My apologies to you if I make it sound as if you are not familiar with the operation of your printer, but there are times when I forget to check the printer settings in the print dialog box and inadvertently leave it at an incorrect setting.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 3:57 PM   #4

This only happens when I print multiple images, it has only just started doing this. I cannot think of a setting that could alter it, as for drivers I don't know, how do I update the printer driver?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:23 PM   #5

I have tried Dot grid, snap to grid, etc, I get an improvement on auto arange, but really does not fix the problem. at present I am using plain paper having run out of photo, will see how I go, watch this space.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:29 PM   #6

It might be a problem with the paper. Try it again when you get some more photo paper.

Go to Epson.com, pick your location (>> Oceania >> New Zealand) Then click on Drivers & Support on the right side. Click on Downloads, Troubleshooting and other information, then Inkjet Printers, and Epson Stylus C90. Then pick your OS, and download the drivers.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded View Post
I have tried Dot grid, snap to grid, etc, I get an improvement on auto arange, but really does not fix the problem. at present I am using plain paper having run out of photo, will see how I go, watch this space.
Hi Grounded,
horizontal banding issues are caused by, dirty printheads, misaligned nozzles, or the setting the print setting to draft mode-which actually may be identified using a different term by you folks.

Since you've stated that the print quality is okay and no banding is present when you print one at a time, my take is that the heads are okay and it is more of a print settings issue.

The type of paper used will not cause the printer to all of a sudden print horizontal bands- it will most likey oversaturate the paper causing the print to look like the colors bled together and the print will be very dark.

I do have a question; are you using a 3rd party ink or a third party ink continuous ink supply?

As for print drivers, unless you've upgraded your computer to a different OS, then updating the driver shouldn't have any impact. In fact, it would be the last thing that I would try.

If this was my printer, I would run it through a head cleaning procedure, then a nozzle alignment procedure, then print a test page. I would also look at the track the printhead follows across the path of the paper and ensure you have no gunk, paper bits or other debris stuck to the head(likely) or across the path of the head(unlikely). What you want to do is step by step , eliminate potential issues while not introducing new variables into the equation.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Jan 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:18 PM   #8

you may want to take a look at this procedure recommended By
epson:

http://support2.epson.net/manuals/en...ml/maint_3.htm

Zig

Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:58 AM   #9

My first step would be to print a nozzle check, as it looks to me like a clogged print head. This is sometimes masked in Epson printers when printing in higher resolutions on glossy paper, as the print feeds in smaller increments so there is some overlap in the print pattern. When you select plain paper, the driver won't allow the finer resolution, so any clogged nozzles become more apparent.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote