Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by riki101 View Post
Thanks donp. I have tried all sorts reading other posts and Steve's page on the subject. I only possess digi cameras and no matter how far away or close I am from the framed watercolour reflections are picked up by the glass. I know it can be done by a professional in a studio with the proper setup.
To remove any reflections, light or glare that 'bounce' back off of the glass, I mount 1/4" black foam board perpendicular to the the framed artwork.
You can also use a black fabric (must be flat-not shiny). The stiff foam board is much easier to use. You might have to "surround" the framed work with black board-but this will work.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2012, 2:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
To remove any reflections, light or glare that 'bounce' back off of the glass, I mount 1/4" black foam board perpendicular to the the framed artwork.
You can also use a black fabric (must be flat-not shiny). The stiff foam board is much easier to use. You might have to "surround" the framed work with black board-but this will work.

Zig
Thank you Zig, I'll try that tomorrow. Just a few minutes ago somebody else also suggested the same thing, sounds like it is a good cheap option.

www.apperley-art.com
riki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2012, 5:04 PM   #13

Hi,

Would be interested in hearing if you were successful in getting the results you wanted using the foam board.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 1:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi,

Would be interested in hearing if you were successful in getting the results you wanted using the foam board.

Zig
Hi Zig. I don't know exactly what you mean by "foam" board but have had success with an A4 size black non shiny cardboard attached to the camera (cutting previously a hole the size of the camera lens) and using a large piece of non shiny black cloth draped like a curtain. Shot outside in daylight. Fiddly but with patience it works. Many thanks again for your help.

www.apperley-art.com
riki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:46 AM   #15

Hi,

The foam board I was referring to is the foam core board typically used to mount photographs onto. It is generally 3/16" to 1/4" think. It is simply easier to work with being a bit thicker than paper or card stock.

The important thing is that you've arrived at a solution for your project.

Zig