Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jan 28, 2004, 7:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani24
I
Ultimately, what it came down to was price and availability. The G3 has been discontinued, and it is getting harder and harder to find a brand new G3. The only place I could find it was on the internet, and I felt rather leery about some of these retailers (and looking at consumer reviews of those stores told me I may be right to be leery). So, it pretty much came down to it that if I wanted a G3 I'd have to go used (like from Ebay) or refurbished.4.

I can believe that. I got my G3 only 4 months ago and it was the last one left in the shop and I have not seen one since. I have seen a few G5s though. I also raced out and purchased a tele converter lens for the same reason although i believe the G5 fits the same lens.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:45 PM   #12

Quote:
I can believe that. I got my G3 only 4 months ago and it was the last one left in the shop and I have not seen one since. I have seen a few G5s though. I also raced out and purchased a tele converter lens for the same reason although i believe the G5 fits the same lens.
It does fit the same lens and same size filters, as long as you get the lens adaptor.
macleod76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2004, 11:11 AM   #13

my local Ritz is selling NEW G3 for $599 "lowest price Guaranteed"
chiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2004, 7:01 PM   #14

Is that USA dollars??? If so I guess I got mine at a good price 3 months ago. Aussie dollars $999.00 with a case for it. I dont know what the conversion from US to aus dollars is.
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote