Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 1, 2004, 7:23 AM   #11
GF

Default dog draging camera

how about trying to take pics of the new baby. while sitting on the floor i put my camera down to reposition the baby only to have the dog grab the neck strap and drag my camera half way around the house before i caught her. no damage to camera or dog but i aged rapidly that day.
GF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 7:53 AM   #12

#7: The more kit you buy, the more likely it is that something will go wrong.

#8: Photographers who shoot picture postcards for a living always do it better than you do.

#9: The chances of getting a photo just right vary in inverse proportion to the likelihood that you'll be able to reshoot it.

#10: The light was better 10 minutes ago.

#11. The weather was perfect yesterday.

#12. No matter what kit you've got, you would always have got a better picture with a) a longer zoom, b) a shorter wide angle, c) another megapixel.

#13. No matter how steady your hand, you would always have got a better picture if you hadn't had that second drink.

#14. In more than 50% of cases, composing your picture with your feet works better than using your zoom.

Hey, this is fun...
fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 8:24 AM   #13

Fenlander, I can see I should have consulted you first before posting my rules. Obviously, I'd forgotten some really important ones. :lol:
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 8:49 AM   #14

Great thread

Yes, always have your camera with you...otherwise, you will be guaranteed to miss the shot!

Finlander__gotta love the "pedal zoom" (I always wanted to do an aerial photo of a few dozen photographers doing a pedal zoom
of a stationary central subject...think wavy circle (the photogs)
and a dot in the center (the subject). Next thing is the sound
track...

In my youth, I used to lament "the lost photo", the sun that set before my camera was up. Now, my mindset is:

No prob...I will come tomorrow evening or the next evening or the next evening...

The only photos I truly lament now are those that are not possible...the ones "I thought about taking."

Here are two examples:

1. The hands of my (now deceased) grandfathers, one a mason...the other a farmer. Both had handshakes like vises.

Both hands thick, calloused, each pair a "history" of the life lived.

2. My father smiling (his laughter echos in my heart to this day).
This year he will be gone as long as he lived.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 12:23 PM   #15

Great thread!
One thing I have always found happens, is you charge all your batteries for a trip, and then forget your battery charger at home!
Or, you charge your camera batteries, and not your flash batteries.
That is a personal favorite of mine.
Gandalf065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 1:56 PM   #16

I forgot a very important rule:

Grab your camera and drive off to a wonderful spot for picture taking. You will not remember that the card is still in the card reader. Guaranteed.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 4:09 PM   #17

Before my digital days I had a 35mm P & S, and there were a group of deer standing next to the car. I shot the last frame, the film auto-rewound, and I drop in the next roll of film. I gave it too much lead and the film would not load properly. Had to try this several times. Meanwhile, deer walk away and I'm sure they were laughing at me!
PrmseKpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 5:09 PM   #18

Of course they were laughing at you.

All the critters that live around my house see me walk out the door with my camera, wait for me to turn it on, then they bolt. They do this on purpose, and I'll bet they talk behind my back and snicker. There's a deer who lives nearby that knows us well and who likes to hang out in our yard each spring and summer with her fawns, munching on this and that. As long as I don't have my camera, she saunters about slowly, but let me show up with a camera... She's such a snip.
Old Feb 1, 2004, 7:50 PM   #19

Well I just pulled the replace the dead battery with a fresh dead battery :?
Fortunately I was only shovelling off my roof and wanted to take a shot of all the neighbours who were also up shovelling off the roofs.
Oh well try again after the next big storm
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2004, 8:39 PM   #20

I like that concept, "a fresh dead battery".

That says it all.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote